Atlanta Get Together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chigdon

I wanted to see if there were enough pen turners in Atlanta or willing to drive to Atlanta to have some sort of get together. If so we could brainstorm a place and some events.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

I think there are some more of us out there; at least some that are relatively close. I have been wanting to come to see your shop for a long time anyway so that sounds great regardless.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I intend to be in Atlanta next summer (July 4-9 ??) with my family... TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) the diet group we belong to is having their International Recgnition Days that week.
That is a good time for me...
I think meeting at Bruce's shop is a fantastic idea... who volunteers to keep him busy while I rummage through the goodies (I promise to share the booty) [}:)][}:)]

btboone

My new pen press will get here this week, so you'll get to see that. [:D] We could have a get together soon and another in July if you like, or just do one in July. I should have a pool by then.

Bring pens that you want 4th axis laser work on.

July in Atlanta? Been there done that. How about in the spring before the humidity gets to 98% and the temperature to 100°? Perhaps when the azaleas start blooming.

chigdon

My vote is all of the above with Bruce being so open with his shop. Mine is open as well even though it won't be nearly as impressive. I would love to welcome Tom to town when he is here as well.

btboone

We could make it a bi or tri monthly thing. Just help nail down a time and a place and let's make it happen.

I haven't worked on my twisted pen for a while. I've got a new titanium jewelry technique I'm working on and trying to patent and trademark. It could potentially be a big deal. It could make the parts at a rate of over $3500/hour. Of course, as always, the trick is selling them.[:eek:)]

woodwish

I'll be in Atlanta for the Woodworking show I think the last weekend of January. My wife will be traveling with me so I know we will spend the night Saturday. If you wanted to get together on Sunday afternoon for a little bit I would be game.

On the other hand, I only live about 5 hours away so I could drive up there another weekend. I done that round trip in one day many times when I was younger but at this point I would probably spend a night up there to go back to Highland Hardware and a wood store someone recommended but I don't remember the name of right now. I would love to come up there in July to met Tom but I have to be in San Diego those same days at the National Educational Computer Conference, my other life (the one that pays).

chigdon

I will check on that weekend myself. I will be going to the woodworking show too. The wood store is Carlton McClendon and I probably mentioned it. Their address is http://www.rarewoodsandveneers.com.

PenWorks

Originally posted by btboone
<br />Sunday the 29th is my son's Pinewood Derby.

Just checking to make sure that your son's pine car doesn't have any titanium wheels, axels or other trick parts [:D]

DWK5150

Pinewood Derby. I remeber doing that I always took first or second every year and went down state 3 years in a row. I still have all my cars.

btboone

Nope, they still all have those sad plastic wheels. Naturally, I get drafted to have the den come to my shop to make the stuff, so I'll do bandsaw duty next weekend. I need to get another electronic gram scale to get the weight right. The one I have died and I can't seem to fix it. It would come in handy for pens and jewelry too.

btboone

I found out that we race at 1:30, so I should be home by around 3:00 on the 29th. If that's not too late, we could meet then at my place, or we could reschedule for a different day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom