Arizona Silhouette Customer Service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeyeti

"I'm just sick of seeing the "I don't do business with AS" statements that get made without an explanation."

Lou this quote from karl is the only reason I posted at all. In another post yesterday I received a few recommendations to purchase items from AS. I thanked the people for thier advise but stated that I no longer do buisness with Bill and that I had spoken with him and that was all I had to say. I do believe that statement was what promted Karl to start this thread. Thats why I felt compelled to post my experience.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by ed4copies

Let me start by telling everyone, LOU is a very good friend - we have met in person, spent a few days together and grown to know each other pretty well.

So I take this opportunity to advise him that he is WRONG!!! (With anyone else, I would have phrased it more diplomatically!)

Karl expressed HIS opinion of a company. From there on, this is REPORTING. It's been so long since we saw BALANCED reporting on TV or in a newspaper, we have forgotten what it looks like. We CAN be FORCEFUL (vitriolic is hyperbole, but I'll go along, for friendship sake) in our statements. We MAY even insert a little OPINION in our relating of the facts. But, what we see here is REPORTING!!!

And, I still contend, it helps people who have not done a lot of business make more informed choices.

Now, Mr. Metcalf, I'll shut up if you will - we can retire to private e-mail and "duke it out" (Lou writes a GREAT e-mail!!):D:D:D

Mr. Brown, I believe you sir may be incorrect in your use of the word/term reporting. I was taught reporting is giving a factual account. The moment one injects personal interpretations or opinions it becomes editorializing.

I can not recall the last time I saw a report on television.

Russianwolf

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA

People make mistakes.
Businesses are run by people
So it is not a far reach to realize that businesses can make mistakes also.

As a business person, I've made my share of mistakes
I've learned over the years the most important thing is how we handle those the mistakes we make.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35870&whichpage=2#374013
I've made my way all the way to the title of CFO in my career. You won't beleive how many mistakes I've made along the way. Mistakes are natural, it's what you do with them that's important.

I can also say that the rudest person I've intereacted with in ages is a member of this site. I hope they conduct themselves differently when face to face with a customer, as their communications with me on the net have left a lot to be desired.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by pipeyeti

...I do believe that statement was what promted Karl to start this thread...

Let me again say that the ONLY reason that I started this thread is that I really appreciated Bill taking the initiative and paying money out of his own pocket to cover my mistake, and wanted to give him a prop about it.

The mistake I made in not insuring such a costly package could have been devastating. Bill knows his business well enough to recognize my mistake and he covered for me, and for him it was just another day at the office, but for me, it was a real stress-reliever.

I thought it was worth sharing because we all share experiences, good and bad on the forum. Ron makes a great point about businesses being susceptible to mistakes just like the rest of us. Heck, if I boycotted every business that made a mistake, I'd have to grow my own food, forge my own tools, weave my own clothes and do it all without the luxury of any utilities.

After re-reading my initial post, I realize that I should have worded it differently and left out the 'throwing of the gauntlet' about the 'earful' thing. I sort of invited this mess, and should have just said my positive thing and been done. [B)]:)

Originally posted by karlkuehn
Heck, if I boycotted every business that made a mistake, I'd have to grow my own food, forge my own tools, weave my own clothes and do it all without the luxury of any utilities.

And would most likley not be able to work for yourself :D

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel

Heck, if I boycotted every business that made a mistake, I'd have to grow my own food, forge my own tools, weave my own clothes and do it all without the luxury of any utilities.

And would most likley not be able to work for yourself :D

LOL...great point! And, for the record, I'd also have to boycott myself, as I've made a couple of mistakes...

It'd suck not to be able to turn my own blanks.

Sheesh, I've already quit twice and fired myself three times this month! My boss is a jerk when he's working under pressure. He and I kind of have a love/hate relationship, but I'm sick of him pushing and pushing and pushing! It's never enough with him!

I need to go lie on a couch and talk to somebody about my troubles before I go postal and pee in the coffee pot. [:p]:D

Originally posted by Russianwolf

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA

People make mistakes.
Businesses are run by people
So it is not a far reach to realize that businesses can make mistakes also.

As a business person, I've made my share of mistakes
I've learned over the years the most important thing is how we handle those the mistakes we make.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35870&whichpage=2#374013
I've made my way all the way to the title of CFO in my career. You won't beleive how many mistakes I've made along the way. Mistakes are natural, it's what you do with them that's important.

I can also say that the rudest person I've intereacted with in ages is a member of this site. I hope they conduct themselves differently when face to face with a customer, as their communications with me on the net have left a lot to be desired.

As a business, we can do a million things right everyday and people will only remember how we handled our mistakes.

Ron makes a great point about businesses being susceptible to mistakes just like the rest of us. Heck, if I boycotted every business that made a mistake, I'd have to grow my own food, forge my own tools, weave my own clothes and do it all without the luxury of any utilities

How businesses handle mistakes, even little ones, tells you allot about a person and how they will handle bigger mistakes. This is especially true with small businesses that are run by a single person. With a bigger company all you have to do is ask for their manager to help get a problem resolved. The truth is, some companies are just best avoided after learning how they handle mistakes.

Luckily, there are plenty of other companies I can buy supplies from that are both pleasant and want my businesses.

PR_Princess

Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel

Originally posted by ed4copies

Let me start by telling everyone, LOU is a very good friend - we have met in person, spent a few days together and grown to know each other pretty well.

So I take this opportunity to advise him that he is WRONG!!! (With anyone else, I would have phrased it more diplomatically!)

Karl expressed HIS opinion of a company. From there on, this is REPORTING. It's been so long since we saw BALANCED reporting on TV or in a newspaper, we have forgotten what it looks like. We CAN be FORCEFUL (vitriolic is hyperbole, but I'll go along, for friendship sake) in our statements. We MAY even insert a little OPINION in our relating of the facts. But, what we see here is REPORTING!!!

And, I still contend, it helps people who have not done a lot of business make more informed choices.

Now, Mr. Metcalf, I'll shut up if you will - we can retire to private e-mail and "duke it out" (Lou writes a GREAT e-mail!!):D:D:D

Mr. Brown, I believe you sir may be incorrect in your use of the word/term reporting. I was taught reporting is giving a factual account. The moment one injects personal interpretations or opinions it becomes editorializing.

I can not recall the last time I saw a report on television.

Ed and I just had this discussion off line. A report, as referred to above is a statement or series of statements in the media. Those statements can not be altered once printed or aired. There is no interjection from others after the fact that can be added to the initial "report". This however is a forum, and by it's nature invites opinions.

With that being said, Karl you should have known that there are widely varying opinions of AS. This has been brought up as a topic before, and it would only be natural for comments of all sorts to be expressed.

Personally, I have ordered from AS and have had no problems, no issues, and no complaints. In fact, I have received prompt and good service, and I will continue to order from AS. Can Bill be a little gruff and rub folks the wrong way? Apparently. But whom amongst us hasn't done the same??? Those who deal with the general public know that it takes a special personality that not everyone possesses. None of us know his side, how many stupid calls he takes every day, or what he was doing just before he got YOUR call. Inaddition, Bill also has a business to run, and that sometimes involves making unpopular decisions.

I for one, just appreciate that there is an alternative source out there, a choice, some competition. For my money he is doing us a service.

winpooh498

I agree with what has been said about the fast and accurate service from AZ. But when we have called him we have been told to use the website, when we have emailed he has been very rude and not answered any of the questions. :( Now there is a point when being direct and to the point is not being direct and to the point it is just down right being an ... well a jerk.[xx(] But fine if that is the way he needs to be, the last straw for me was his "Christmas message" on his web site. :( Shane and I differ on our opinion with ordering from him, we will see who wins that contest![}:)]:D;) Everyone has bad days, everyone says things with out thinking first but over and over and over is a bit much. [B)]
I will gladly give my money to people how appreciate my business, and show me the respect I show them. [^]
I try to treat people the way I want to be treated.
If I am out of line, I'm sure someone here will try and push me back in line.[:0][B)]

Jarheaded

Originally posted by rlharding

Johnnie, Is this what is called a 'slippery slope' opinion, you start off with a bad premise and it just goes down hill from there?

I have asked him why he was getting so worked up, more abuse was all that gained.

Lets not get off track and make this thread about newbie’s questions, & the IRS.

Ruth,
This whole thread was started as a way of saying how Bill helped out and that he was a good guy to do business with. Someone else turned it into a free opinion about Bill and AS and I stated mine. If you asked him why he was being rude and he got worse like you said, why didn't you just tell him to go to h***. My comment about the IRS was said with a smile and a laugh, you should maybe go back and reread some of the threads from the past year and see how threads go off course sometimes. I could bring up a few, but I'm not here to waste my time arguing with you. But if you wish to continue this discussion with me, then please feel free to PM me and we can talk. I have just as much right to say what I have to say as you do.
To end this part, I like Bill and will continue to deal with him. Karl, I am sorry this had to happen on a thread that was started about Bill doing the right thing for you while you are helping the rest of us with a group buy.

Kalai

Hi everyone, I think this is all my fault, in the past I have sent Bill at AS a bunch of Macadamia nuts, all kinds, salted, ranch flavor, chocolate covered and a bunch of others and I send him some other local Hawaiian favorites like Kona coffee and stuff like that, well to make a long story short I have not sent him any for awhile and since he did tell me I got him addicted to this stuff so I think if there was ever anythink bad on his part it was because of this.:D
I can tell you a longer story of how he is a good and honest person and then a few other stories after that.
Everyone think Hawaiian and Aloha:)
I will get Bill some Mac nuts ASAP:)
Take care all of you folks and aloha from Hawaii.

Kalai

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Johnnie,
You're wasting your time with this. I'll meet you at the shop in a bit and we can get some work done. You know your place on the ladder and just stay where you are.
And while I'm here, Bill has always taken great care of me when I needed anything. If this thread was about Steebar instead, someone would be jumping up and down about beating a dead horse. Seems like you can't say something nice about someone here without getting beat up for it.
Ruth , last time I read something from you about how Johnnie was picking on a company that robbed him because they were in Israel. You were telling him about how tough it is over there and how if it was any other country it may be different. Are you aware that Johnnie has spent better than 10 years in the Middle East and while attempting to do his job and keep peace, he broke almost every bone in his body due to an explosive device and has been going through surgery for over 4 years now because of it. Are you aware that he worked side by side with the Israelie army and spent time in that country too. You know nothing about him, yet you feel that it is okay to make personal attacks against him, even when someone said some unnice things about you and he defended you. The thread that this refers to is about BOW.
I think I am going to sign out now and go elsewhere. Too many narrow minds here.

Verne

Well, I really shouldn't but...! I consider Bill my friend. Yes he has gotten gruff with me, yes I have had pieces missing, and yes I continue to order from him. Oh, my bride has also gotten gruff with me and sometimes supper isn't what I wanted, and yes I still love her. For 38 years...only wish I had another 30+ to enjoy BB and his products.
Vern

fafow

Just my two cents here. I have ordered twice from AS. Both times I got my order fast and it was correct and packed well. I have never called. I have sent an email and got a fairly quick response (that was not rude). I have absolutely no reason to go elsewhere. I shop for best price for the plating and kit that I want. If Bill offers the best price, then I will buy from him.

Verne, I like you analogy. :)

Texatdurango

Karl I’m glad you had a good experience with A/S and you have every right to post whatever is on your mind but I just gotta ask..... You HAD to know this was going to happen didn't you?[:0]

Being a member since August you no doubt have read at least four, five or more of these A/S praise/bash/argument/discussions and should have seen this coming! ;)

Personally I think these threads are harmless as long as everyone remembers that EVERYONE is allowed to voice their opinion and to keep personal attacks and smart-alecky remarks out of the discussion. It gives everyone a chance to add their 2 cents to a discussion where there is no right or wrong… just opinions!

As an example… If someone wants to make a big deal over the “freebies†and swear allegiance to the company because of them that is their prerogative. I have the same right to say that I think they are just a gimmick (that seems to be working) and I have never gotten a freebie that I found useful for anything!

I've gotten rude, arrogant non-service as well as decent informative service from A/S and actually boycotted doing business with him for many months then realized I was only punishing myself! If he has what I want at the best price, why spend more elsewhere just because of his attitude? I've dealt with far worse issues in life and survived!

Dawn, I'm not sure but I think there is a limit as to the number of emoticons that can be used in one post! :D[:p]

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by Texatdurango

Karl I’m glad you had a good experience with A/S and you have every right to post whatever is on your mind but I just gotta ask..... You HAD to know this was going to happen didn't you?[:0]

Being a member since August you no doubt have read at least four, five or more of these A/S praise/bash/argument/discussions and should have seen this coming! ;)

You are correct in that I should have seen this coming.

You are incorrect in assuming that I had to know this was coming. It never even crossed my mind that this post would end up having a negative impact at all. I was excited and posted as such without really thinking out the possibility of where it would go, otherwise I'd never have worded it the way I did.

My motive was to give Bill some positive feedback on the site, plain and simple.

Firstly, I shouldn't have come off so flippant and make it sound like a challenge to all those who have had bad experiences. I could have worded it in a much less aggressive manner, although that doesn't seem to help much any more.

Second, although I really think it's a shame to have to do it, I should have politely requested that if anyone has enough of a beef with Bill that they want to flame him in public to please do it elsewhere. It's the same amount of button clicks to start a new thread instead of getting digs in on mine. I didn't go rooting around in the archives and relight a fire, I had a NEW experience that I wanted to share. If anyone has had any NEW negative issues with Bill, those should've been posted at the time if it's really worth mentioning. Otherwise, if a person has already posted about a bad transaction, then duly noted, you're on record as posting about it, move along.

You know what? I want to make a very clear public statement: I don't come on here looking for a fight. As a matter of fact, I'm so flippin sick of all of the pissy, cantankerous, underhanded passive-aggressive cat fight posts around here that I want to throw up, and to assume that I'm sitting here having the time of my life like some punk troll means that you don't know a thing about me.

I'm not at all sorry that I posted positively about my transaction, but I wish I would have taken a little extra time to go through every permutation of possible outcomes and taken steps to prevent the negative.

BigShed

I would love to buy from AS, but it is one those US companies that thinks the world stops at the US border.

So I continue to do business with a US company that isn't so shortsighted and appreciates my business, a big thank you to Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods.:)

CrazyBear

Hey guys....chill out.. Life can be far too short to take so much stress.. None of us are getting any younger and High blood pressure is a Baaaaaaaad thing.

We are too close to being a family on here to start falling out over who has a good or bad experience at a particular outlet. Hey at least you have a decent choice of kit over there..

C'mon guys and dolls lets not have a west side story here it is the dawning of the age of aquarius after all :D:D:D:D

OldWrangler

Ol' Bill sure don't waste no time on his emails. I wrote wanting some info and received a one sentence reply which was of no help. I will still buy from him as I like the Baron kit and he has some kinda lock on it. I just won't waste any time expecting any friendly service.

rlharding

Originally posted by wolftat

Johnnie,
You're wasting your time with this. I'll meet you at the shop in a bit and we can get some work done. You know your place on the ladder and just stay where you are.
And while I'm here, Bill has always taken great care of me when I needed anything. If this thread was about Steebar instead, someone would be jumping up and down about beating a dead horse. Seems like you can't say something nice about someone here without getting beat up for it.
Ruth , last time I read something from you about how Johnnie was picking on a company that robbed him because they were in Israel. You were telling him about how tough it is over there and how if it was any other country it may be different. Are you aware that Johnnie has spent better than 10 years in the Middle East and while attempting to do his job and keep peace, he broke almost every bone in his body due to an explosive device and has been going through surgery for over 4 years now because of it. Are you aware that he worked side by side with the Israelie army and spent time in that country too. You know nothing about him, yet you feel that it is okay to make personal attacks against him, even when someone said some unnice things about you and he defended you. The thread that this refers to is about BOW.
I think I am going to sign out now and go elsewhere. Too many narrow minds here.

Neil,
Your post really interests me: especially since I believe my question in the BOW thread was directed to the posters, if it was to Johnnie, it was still a question.

Of further interest to me is that you have taken what I supposedly said in that post - I haven't gone back to read it as you did - and turned it on its head. I asked the question that went something like this 'would you have the same response if it was another country' I think I even listed a few countries to get across my point.

From what I understand from the rest of your post, you appear to make a cause and affect link between Johnnie's service in Israel; a post about bad service in Israel from a company selling BOW; and, my two responses to posts of Johnnie's.

You would have to explain it to me further because I'm darned if I can figure out the connection.

This is the third time I have been named in a post while at the same time a torrent of accusations/attacks have been delivered. Statements purporting to be what I actually said many weeks ago have been presented out of context - as an example, a sympathetic pm that I sent to one person asking him to 'let go' as he was only making a fool of himself (I recall that he was getting hammered by other posters and at the same time kept coming up with things that were taking him down and he didn't appear to realize) was presented by this person in a way that indicated I simply sent him a nasty pm and told him he was making a fool of himself.

It interests me that it appears nobody else get's mentioned and attacked in this way - or maybe I should say no men get attacked in this way. I don't know why you and a couple others feel a need to do this, perhaps I have threatened you in some way. Perhaps you are afraid to take this tack with a man, but think it's OK to berate me this way. Interesting wouldn't you say.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Everyone, I may have been a little out of line before, but that seems to be what is going on here lately. I joined to learn more about pen turning. I just got done spending 25 years of my life in the military, most of it was in combat situations, I am now going to look for some peace and I'm not finding it here. I am just going to sign out and not bother coming back. Karl said it very clear and those are my feelings also. To most, I wish you the best, to the rest, good luck. Good Bye

bitshird

My one transaction with Mr Baumbeck was very satisfactory, to me, some of his gruffness come through on his web site, BUT it is or should be obvious to any one that he prefers to business via the internet than on the phone. I can only say that his service was very fast, but in view of Pipeyeties <sp> comment I will check each kit I order with in the alloted 5 days. Mater of fact, I was going to place a small order with him this evening.
I still maintain his site is a PITA after using the shopping cart, it takes for ever to re navigate back to the pen kits or what ever else your looking at. other than that. I can stand gruff and rude, after all I've been dressed down by Cav, just for inquiring about cheap Chinese Cross style refills. Some of my students think I can be abrasive, opinionated,acerbic,rude, unfair and just down right mean. My Shepherds on the other hand love me. some times rudeness is in the mind of the insulted.[}:)][}:)][}:)];)[B)]

Verne

With all the twists and turns this thread has taken...me thimks it's time it is closed.
JMHO
Vern

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Oh come off it already, you're not the only woman here, you're just the only one that stirs the pot.I wouldn't care if you are a woman or a man if I have something to say, the only difference is that being a woman, I was nicer about the way I said it.If you don't want to read about ex-wives,don't. You don't like it if we don't spend the day searching for an answer instead of asking. the reason I used your name was because it seemed like you were going after my brother, so i responded. You can have the soap box all to yourself now, because I am out. I came back after a phone call telling me to take a look. It's all yours have fun. Like I said Good Bye and good luck..

IPD_Mrs

I have half heartily read this thread after it became distasteful.

It turns my stomach that this thread has become so vile over someone just commenting about getting good quick service.

I think it would be a wise move if a Mod would close down this thread before anyone else gets hurt over a person thanking a vendor publicly.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom