Argh... I hate waiting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

Ordered a Nova Comet II On 12/18 when it was on sale for Christmas. The page said "Order now and receive in time for Christmas" ... actually it STILL says that. NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe

But I'm still waiting... :( They said it shipped last week, but it still hasn't arrived. I called today to get a tracking number. They said they'd call me back "in a few minutes". I waited an hour and tried to call back - they're closed.

I know they probably had a few orders to fill and the holidays always adds some time. But advertising that you'd get it from Christmas?!? I'm sure I'll be happy with it when it does arrive, but I've always believed in under promising and over delivering. Am I being unreasonable expecting them to at least follow through on calling me back?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:usflag: Rob; I beleive your lathe is comming from China. They can promise anything they want. I was at the UPS this morning and the guy ahead of me was wondering where his shipment for today was. Long story short, it was in the mail, more or less !! It had been shipped but had not been received at their center in te USA yet. Bad thing is you can trace when it left, where its going along with the promised date ( he paid extra to have it shipped 2-day air ), but not where it is at the moment. Your problem is most likely not with the seller, but with the U S Customs. I have shipments from China and other outside countrys that are shipped on time, but once they reach the US borders and get into U S Customs or the Port of Entree people, your on their time as to when they will release your package after inspection. The lady at UPS said every package that enters the US is scaned and opened if they see fit. Some items are here in 6-8 days, others take 6-8 weeks. Good luck on your lathe !! All of this is for our own safety, but you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come !! Jim S

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

You base the coming from China and not Florida on what exactly?

Edit:
I'm pretty sure it's coming from Florida. That's what the "service center" said, plus there's this:

For all North American NOVA users and owners, Teknatool has a customer care centre and warehouse based in Florida to service all your NOVA needs.

Last edited:

plantman

You base the coming from China and not Florida on what exactly?

Because Teknatool International is a company in NZ, China. And exports all over the world. Could be wrong about it comming from China. Go to the website you list, click on Teknatool International, top of page, than on the next page click on company, left side of page. Only comes from Florida ( importers ) if they have it in stock. Did you know that you are not going to get the lathe as pictured in the photo, or did you order the extras that are shown with the lathe. ?? All this info is in their ad, you just have to search for it. I don't want to stir the pot, just pass info. And, it also said you would have it for Christmas !! Jim S

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

Yes, the ad is pretty clear about what is included and I already have a Nova G3. Also the lathe is marked as "In Stock" at NovaToolsUSA.com (which is in St Petersburg, FLA). Plus the service guy was surprised it wasn't here yet. Don't think he would be if it was being imported individually. So I don't see where there is any indication that it is being shipped from China.

BTW, the past couple days are UPS's busiest days of the year ( Busiest day for UPS | WPMT FOX43 ), plus the holidays, so it's not surprising it might be delayed. I just wish they would have called back with the tracking # so I can make arrangements considering the size & weight of the package.

plantman

:usflag: Rob; Here is some more info for you. St Petersburg, FL is a Port of Entry on the west coast of FL. That's why your lathe is comming from there. But they are made in China and have to be shipped to the USA from there first. If the place doesn't have them in stock, they have to reorder. There is no truth in advertizing on the internet, so don't beleive everything you read as fact, including this thread. The ad is old, the info in the ad is not up to date, and they may have just oversold. The distance from St. Petersburg, FL to New Orlens, LA is about 650 miles or roughly a 10 hour drive, taking I-10 to US19S. A one or two day drive at the most. I don't think your lathe is comming UPS if it's over 50#s, if it was, you could go to their site and get a tracking # and a statis update as to where it was. If not UPS, they than ship common carrier ( truck ). The fact that they didn't call you back or give you a tracking # makes me a little edgy. Hope you get your lathe soon. It is just taking longer then you expected. !!! Jim S

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

Turns out you might not be too far off...

[RANT]

Couple calls today (so far) to try to get a tracking number. Turns out the lathe never left the warehouse there in St Pete. Is it actually in the warehouse in Florida? I'm told by Ross/Russ that it is but do I believe it? Not so much. The answer I got on 12/28 that it had shipped on 12/27 is a lie. When I pushed about this, I got the "who did you talk to?" bit to pass the buck or suggest that I wasn't told that.

Oh and per Ross/Russ - "Availablity of these lathes is strictly limited, while stocks last." down at the bottom of the page actually means we've had a lot of orders for these and we'll ship it whenever the he!! we damn well please. The "In-Stock" and "Order now and receive in time for Christmas" in larger highlighted letters at the top where you see it first, means nothing...

So here's the break down:
Order 12/18 with a promise of getting by Christmas
Called 12/28 - told that it shipped 12/27 (my fault for not getting a name)
Called 1/4 - Couldn't find the tracking, will call back "in a few minutes" - never called back.
Called 1/7 @ Noon - Mike couldn't find any shipping info, will call back shortly. Never did.
Called 1/7 @ 2pm - Ross (or Russ) said it never shipped. Defended their position about the delays & suggested I was being unreasonable about expecting to actually be shipped when promised (or even told that it had). Bob the service manager will call back.. ROTLMAO! (Not holding my breath!)

[/RANT]

Sorry for the rant, but I have to get it out.

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

3:45pm - Called back as they close in 15 minutes I hadn't received the 3rd promised call. Spoke with Mike who was much nicer than Ross/Russ... He has assured me that he personally will make sure my lathe goes out tomorrow.

So maybe, but still not holding my breath until I get some time of confirmation like a tracking number.

plantman

:mad: Rob; I feel your pain, hope you get your lathe by weeks end !!! In the mean time, if you paid with a credit card, I would look up your account and see if they charged your lathe to it. Most companys won't charge you until the item is shipped. If you don't receive it by the end of the week, and you charged it, call your credit co. and tell them you did not receive the item as promiced and have them credit your account. Also if you receive any e-mails, make a printed copy for your records. I would call a Nova distributer, such as Craft Supplies USA or some other listed dealer, explain what's going on, and maybe they will do something on the price. Many will price match if pushed a little, providing the price was within their range. I have learned from past dealings to always document when you called ( time and date ), who you talked to, what they said or promised, a return phone # and extension so you don't have to start at the beginning if you call back. Don't be afraid to threaten them with legal action if you have to !! In this case , I don't think that you can do that, because the covered their butts with their ad if you read every word on all the pages several times and put it all together!! If you aren't satisfied with their service, write or e-mail the Better Business Bureau in St. Petersburg and file a complaint. Please keep us informed as to how this turns out, and thank you for shareing this with us !! We all like to now when things like this happen. Good Luck !! Jim S

Last edited:

Haynie

Here is what you do when the item arrives. Do your best to contact the person in charge, not just a manager, but as big a kahuna as you can. Explain how wonderful Mike was, explain what he did. Then explain why you will no longer be a customer because of those other people, name them, and say exactly what they did to cause you to look elsewhere for future purchases.

As a business owner a letter like this really got my attention.

Last edited:

zadojla

At this point, I would refuse delivery and dispute the charge. You needed it as a gift by Christmas, so it's useless now, right?

PWL

I ordered mine on the 20th of Dec and received an email today that I will receive mine tomorrow. Checked UPS and they show it was picked up for delivery tomorrow.
Paul

LagniappeRob

My wait is finally over. The lathe showed up today via UPS. This little guy (my 88 pound baby!) is pretty sweet. In the box was also the VersaTurn coupler - which I don't think was was part of the package. Maybe their way of apologizing? It's not listed in the ad, and actually shows up as a $29.99 accessory.

Paul - did you get one in your box? I'm curious if it was included in the sale or not.

plantman

My wait is finally over. The lathe showed up today via UPS. This little guy (my 88 pound baby!) is pretty sweet. In the box was also the VersaTurn coupler - which I don't think was was part of the package. Maybe their way of apologizing? It's not listed in the ad, and actually shows up as a $29.99 accessory.

Paul - did you get one in your box? I'm curious if it was included in the sale or not.

Rob; Glad to here that your wait is over !!! Now enjoy. Jim S :bananen_smilies051:

Top Bottom