Aplogies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

I've been lurking here now for the last 4+ years....after being active for 8 years (I've been a member since 2004). My apologies to all my friends here. But I do have an excuse....I've got no shop. This is quite a problem for an avid woodworker like myself.

A divorce and remarriage and then a move to an apartment has severely hampered by ability to produce ANYTHING. Hopefully, I'll be back at it in the next year or so. So...for the next few months, I'll be lurking along like usual. LOL. Hopefully I still have a few friends here on the site.

Keep up the good work here at the IAP. Things are looking great here!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The Cocobolo King returns:) Welcome back and always good to see familiar names return. One of the originals. Hope you can stick around and hope you can get some sort of shop set up once again. :)

ilikewood

Would you still believe I have hundreds of pounds of Cocobolo sitting around and collecting dust? I'm a wood hoarder still, so my wife has "asked" me to get rid of a bunch of it. :)

Scratch

I feel your pain Brother! I started back turning in July after a 4 year layoff
because of a divorce and apt. living lol. My girlfriend sells my pens almost as fast as I can make them! It's so nice to be with someone who embraces your hobby/craft!

its_virgil

Good to see you posting again Bill and good to know you have kept up with us via lurking. I still use a fountain pen from one of the Cocobolo blanks I got from you severals years ago at the Utah Symposium. One blank in particular is in my "never turn" drawer...it is gorgeous.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back Bill. I understand too. I joined about the same time you did, enjoyed turning pens and then had some things (work) interrupt my fun (twice). One was a move from half way around the world.

Good to see you back and looking forward to your posts.

I feel your pain Brother! I started back turning in July after a 4 year layoff
because of a divorce and apt. living lol. My girlfriend sells my pens almost as fast as I can make them! It's so nice to be with someone who embraces your hobby/craft!

Tips on how she sell please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikewood

Thanks for all the greetings!! It's nice to see some of my old friends still peeling wood here. As far as Cocobolo.....As soon as I find a place, I'll be dumping a few hundred pounds of Cocobolo and Desert Ironwood. It's taking way too much room and I'll never get to it all. Definitely a fire sale in the next year or so.

And Don Ward.....You've got to turn that piece....it's too pretty to just sit around :)

ilikewood

Welcome back Bill. I understand too. I joined about the same time you did, enjoyed turning pens and then had some things (work) interrupt my fun (twice). One was a move from half way around the world.

Good to see you back and looking forward to your posts.

Ya....I know the travel interruptions too. This year, I've been in Iowa, Louisiana, California, Russia (twice), Germany, Belgium, France, and the Netherlands. And the year is not even over yet. Plus, I had a new knee installed as well. That kind of took me out of the work loop for a few months.

MDWine

I think it is reasonably normal to fall in and out of some things. Given circumstances, we just don't have time for everything. I was "out" for a while too, but kept my interest and visited occasionally to see what folks were up to.

Keep checking back and stay in touch... on thing is certain... change!

Scratch

Tips on how she sell please :)
She loves to talk and never meets a stranger, where I am
very shy and not a talker lol. Also, she says my pens sell themselves.

Top Bottom