Anyone work in banking?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangboy5000

The manager is out today, so I figured I would ask here. If the bank screws up your info on your checks who pays to have it fixed? I just realized my business checks say Apt. 4 instead of Suite 4, is that a big deal or should I wait for my next batch to get it fixed?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

For something like that, IMHO (not a banking/legal answer), as long as the post office will deliver it to the right address, that's all that matters. However, since it's the bank's screw-up, I'd at least consider making them re-print, since you didn't order them with Apt. 4, or at least giving you a 50% discount.

Rifleman1776

The banks don't usually print the checks, outside companies do. It is a highly competitive business. I'll betcha a phone call will get a new corrected batch. Curious that you ask here before asking the source.

As long as the Micr#, Account# and the Routing# are correct, you should have no problems with depositing or withdrawing funds.

The only problem you may run into is someone uses the wrong address on your check and mails you somethin and the post office refuses to deliver it. It can happen.

It's really no big deal, but speaking as a printer and not as a banker, I'd get it corected. If it was the bank/printer error you should not have to pay for the reprint.

That bank manager must have everybodies panties tied up in a knot if no one can give you an answer when he is gone. That would bother me more than the checks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ron said:
"That bank manager must have everybodies panties tied up in a knot if no one can give you an answer when he is gone. That would bother me more than the checks."

Ron, This is a MONUMENTAL decision!! Needs at least 3 sign-offs. Get with it, pal! (Maybe $10?????!!!!!) Just think what they have to do if you come in for a loan of maybe $50?? (could happen!!!)

[:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom