Anyone within 60 miles of Columbus???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I have a problem. My two oldest Grandkids want to enter the 13 and under BASH contest. I had one over yesterday and he turned his pen. Took him home today and brought his brother over. My lathe will not turn in. I called Rikin. Said it sounded like a defective control box they would ship me one however, they are out of stock right now. They expect a shipment sometime this month. So, Is there anyone within 60 miles of Columbus that could let my Grandson and I use a lathe for a little while?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Mike,
I have had the same problem. Check the switch itself. I took mine off and cleaned it out and bingo. It has done the same thing a few times so first i check the switch and have fixed it at least twice. Might save you driving.

dogcatcher

Before you take it apart, tap the switch with the handle of a screwdriver. Gently at first, then check it, then tap it a little harder. Sometimes the switch just needs a little nudge to knock the dust loose. I have a switch on my metal lathe, that has been this way for about 10 years. Now when I use it, I pop it with a screwdriver handle before I even try it.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Mike,
I have had the same problem. Check the switch itself. I took mine off and cleaned it out and bingo. It has done the same thing a few times so first i check the switch and have fixed it at least twice. Might save you driving.

Thank you for the suggestion Alton, I did give that a try and it didn't work. Fortunately, I reached out to a member of our local wood turners club. Even though I had never really met him, (we have seen each other at meetings) he had a spare Jet he wasn't using. He loaned it to me for as long as I need it. Gotta love the wood turning community!:)

thewishman

Mike,

Thank you for the suggestion Alton, I did give that a try and it didn't work. Fortunately, I reached out to a member of our local wood turners club. Even though I had never really met him, (we have seen each other at meetings) he had a spare Jet he wasn't using. He loaned it to me for as long as I need it. Gotta love the wood turning community!:)

Sweet! You are welcome to come and use mine, if that doesn't turn out.

Top Bottom