Is anyone going to the IWF in Atlanta in August?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

If I can get my stroke effected leg to cooperate with carrying me around I plan on attending for at least one day. It was a good experience the last time it was here in Atlanta. One needs more than three days to see everything though. Not to mention how much walking is involved either .... miles and miles of great demos to watch and stuff to make one drool profusely! :D

1JaredSchmidt

http://www.iwfatlanta.com/

Here's the link. It's on

August 20-23
Wednesday-Saturday
Hours: 8am-6pm
Georgia World Congress Center
Atlanta,Georgia

My dad says it costs $15 to get in. He says it's the size of 2 or 3 Walmarts packed with machinery. He also says it takes 3 days to get through it all. If you go to this link,you'll see who all is gonna be there.

https://myiwf2008.bdmetrics.com/portal/GeneralSearch.aspx

Fred

Jared ... I would compare the IWF to being stationed on an aircraft carrier ... everywhere you look there is new and exciting 'stuff' to discover. A week might get one close to seeing everything, BUT if you want to look at stuff be prepared to spend way longer than that.

I went to the last one when it was here in Atlanta and I was there from 0800 to closing and really only got to see on part of one of the display areas. I guess I should have kept walking but all the CNC equipment, robots, laser engravers, lathes of every description, tools out at every turn, on every wall ... well maybe you get the idea.

Be sure to wear comfortable shoes as the floors are hard and the restrooms are always at the other end from where you are.

Be sure to PRE-REGISTER and then all you need to do is walk in with picture ID in hand and you are off to an adventure you won't soon forget until the next show you get to. Oh yea, tell Dad to bring lots of money as there are deals on top of deals on top of deals.

Since you sell woods be sure to bring plenty of cards and hand them out to other visitor. You may be able to get enough sold there at the show to buy a nice bit laser engraver or other stuff.

See ya there unless the creek rises to high ... :D

Top Bottom