anyone ever use the "jooltool"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Never heard of it and at those prices I will never own one. You can buy a heck of a lot of stuff for $350.00.
Plus wait awhile and they will be selling them on ebay for $29.99 made in China

TomServo

There is an awful lot of corporatese language on that thar page. It looks like a plastic dingus to me. I don't see how you could properly sharpen a skew with a flexible disc...

chigdon

A friend of mine has one to review. It is fairly expensive but would compare to a tormex system. It is built mainly to sharpen carvers tools which have to be very sharp. The idea is you can see the edge of your tool while you are sharpening it. So far he is not sure he really likes it.

Rifleman1776

Photos showing it in use would help. It's an expensive gadget, it should work. Someone mentioned it is designed for carvers. I know several master carvers, they sharpen with simple equipment. One uses wet/dry paper in his hand. Produces incredible edges. Cost? Almost zip.

rfreeouf

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Photos showing it in use would help. It's an expensive gadget, it should work. Someone mentioned it is designed for carvers. I know several master carvers, they sharpen with simple equipment. One uses wet/dry paper in his hand. Produces incredible edges. Cost? Almost zip.

If you go to the media link on there site there are several videos you can watch. The lady sharpens several typels of tools including skews and gouges. It is a pretty neat concept. The link below will take you right to the demonstration videos.

http://jooltool.com/media.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom