Anybody selling pre-tubed pen blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I recently moved and have had to change equipment, which included getting rid of my DP. I plan to start drilling on my lathe. But I haven't even gotten my shop set back up yet and I was asked to participate in a show that is in only about 2 weeks. I know I'm going to have a learning curve and so don't really want to start trying the drilling on the lathe quite yet. So I thought some places/people sold pen blanks that were pre-tubed? I found some that I'd consider more high end, like the type that involved casting of inlays or prints, snake skins, computer circuit boards, etc., but for this show, I don't think that's going to be the market. So I wanted to find just some basic pen blanks that I could avoid the drilling and truing up the ends, but could still sell a pen for a moderate price. Does anyone sell anything like this? This was about the only option I could find that had pretubed blanks for less than $10 and I was hoping for something less than that. I know that's a lot of the prep work and so maybe I won't be able to find it, but most of what I was finding was things that were like $35 a blank and up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Drilling pen tubes on the lathe is actually easier than using a drill press... give it a try. You'll need a good chuck to hold the blank... I used a set of pin jaws on a PSI barracuda chuck... mark your entry end on the blank, set the drill point on the mark before you tighten the chuck jaws and go... use slow speeds.... eezy-peezy

TonyL

Angela. As a temporary solution - I would be happy to drill, glue, and, trim wooden or opaque non-wood blanks for you - up to 20 barrels. I don't want anything to do the work - just helping.

angboy

Angela. As a temporary solution - I would be happy to drill, glue, and, trim wooden or opaque non-wood blanks for you - up to 20 barrels. I don't want anything to do the work - just helping.

Wow Tony, that's an amazingly kind offer! I'll send you a PM.

WriteON

I vote Tony L. as POTD...person of the day.

angboy

I vote Tony L. as POTD...person of the day.

Person of the day, saviour, and incredibly generous and kind man. I've been majority touched by his generosity and willingness to help out a stranger!! A public applause is definitely warranted!!

Top Bottom