Any really smart computer geeks here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

This has been bugging me for a while now. Somehow my folder view in "My Pictures" which is in the thumbnail view will not display the name of the folders? Every other folder in this view will on my computer, but not this one folder. If I open a folder in my pictures, it will have the names as well.

Now I am pretty good with computers, but this one has me stumped. Anyone want to give it a shot?

Oh yea, I should mention, it affects all photos that are loose in this folder as well. No visiable names!

I have shut the CPU down, refreshed the view and I can cut and paste something out of this folder and have them re-appear. I want to keep the directory because I have a ton of stuff in there.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Ok, one more oddity.. If I open the folder directly from "My Computer" and not the Start menu, I see the names of the folders. I create a short cut to the the desktop and I can see it there too.

jhs494

Lee, try going into "my pictures" and at the top is should say tools go to folder options and see if there is something on the list that will allow the names to be shown.

tas2181

Try holding down the shift key when opening the folder. This should reset the thumbnail view to show the file names. This turns file names on and off on all the folders in thumbnail view, so if you do it once you may have to open another folder to and hold it down again to reset it back and hopefully the offending folder will change also.

Top Bottom