Anti Vibrations Gloves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Do you use them? What type/make do you have. I used a hammer drill with a masonry bit for about 10 Tap Con crew. My hand is swollen and quite sore. I tend to always use protective equipment but missed this one. And I'm paying. Be careful. Protect those hands.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

:biggrin::biggrin:Worked in construction for 43 years and used those hammer drills and much larger core drills and never used anti vibration gloves. Always wore leather gloves but you do toughen up. Have to say you just are not use to it. :biggrin::biggrin: 10 screws-------:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Need to let the drill do the work and not lean on it so hard.

Last edited:

Curly

Impacto anti vibration air gloves. Got mine online from Lowe's. A Canadian Borg. They are available in lots of places including online outfits. I get tingling and numbness in my hands from string trimmers, random orbit sanders, orbital sanders, electric disc grinders, chainsaws. They let me go from getting numb fingers in 5 or 10 minutes to an hour or more before beginning to tingle. They are the best. Spend the money and get them.

Everyone is different and if you don't listen to your body when it complains you're going to screw yourself for life. Even if you don't have problems with vibration it will only be a matter of time before you do. I worked through the pain when young to "toughen" my hands and regret listening to the "Johns" I worked with and for. Same guys didn't protect their hearing or lungs. The ones hacking when they say "What!!!" when you ask how they are.

jttheclockman

Impacto anti vibration air gloves. Got mine online from Lowe's. A Canadian Borg. They are available in lots of places including online outfits. I get tingling and numbness in my hands from string trimmers, random orbit sanders, orbital sanders, electric disc grinders, chainsaws. They let me go from getting numb fingers in 5 or 10 minutes to an hour or more before beginning to tingle. They are the best. Spend the money and get them.

Everyone is different and if you don't listen to your body when it complains you're going to screw yourself for life. Even if you don't have problems with vibration it will only be a matter of time before you do. I worked through the pain when young to "toughen" my hands and regret listening to the "Johns" I worked with and for. Same guys didn't protect their hearing or lungs. The ones hacking when they say "What!!!" when you ask how they are.

Oh now hearing, lung and eye protection is a whole different ball game there Pete. Always protected against that. You are fool if you do not do that. If you plan on doing lots of things with vibration then by all means get them. As I said I always wore a good pair of leather gloves. Did that my whole career as an electrician. Drilling in concrete is the worst dust you can breathe in and get that in your eyes and it can scratch a cornea. Unfortunately I bet alot of these things get overlooked in the shops right now. A good set of work boots was always key too. I had to chuckle because 10 screws and the hand tingles tells me he is not holding the drill properly. you do not palm the drill. That is why they have a handle also.

I will say also the type of drill used and brand does make a difference. The Bosch line was the trade standard and I even have them for home use. As with all tools care needs to be followed because they can snap a wrist. I know when I always operated the real large hammer drills for drilling holes in block walls my finger was just barely holding that trigger down. Any sudden jerk that finger falls off the switch. just something you learn on the job. Good drills have a clutch so set the clutch for the type drilling you are doing.

One other thing to add, a good drill bit is another important key. a dull bit you are leaning harder on the drill than it should be.

These are some of the best ones out there. They also make the chainsaw gloves too.

www.amazon.com/TILLMAN-1489-ANTI-VI...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z83690864ZYXJ5F7GK6T

Probably a good place to compare.

https://bestrevx.com/best-anti-vibration-gloves/

Last edited:

WriteON

I had to chuckle because 10 screws and the hand tingles .[/url]

Funny ain't it. Hope you LYBO. Regardless of how and why and what else I'm simply looking for recommendations. For the record..(I see you're concerned) I held the drill in my right hand...my left hand is the hurting one. I should mention I have arthritis to begin with..this aggravated it. 10 screws...hehe haha...Laugh last ....laugh loudest. You got me. I'm auditioning for the show Make Me Laugh. Maybe post this on the Joke Thread... Hear the one about 10 screws. No what happened...The guys hand hurts.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I had to chuckle because 10 screws and the hand tingles .[/url]

Funny ain't it. Hope you LYBO. Regardless of how and why and what else I'm simply looking for recommendations. For the record..(I see you're concerned) I held the drill in my right hand...my left hand is the hurting one. I should mention I have arthritis to begin with..this aggravated it. 10 screws...hehe haha...Laugh last ....laugh loudest. You got me. I'm auditioning for the show Make Me Laugh. Maybe post this on the Joke Thread... Hear the one about 10 screws. No what happened...The guys hand hurts.

Oh relax will you. My goodness if someone else would have said something you would not blow up like that. Were you wearing hearing protection and glasses and dust mask also. I sure hope so. If you are doing any other things that cause vibration then this you should have taken care before. Somehow I do not believe this is the first thing you did that had vibration involved. I gave you recommendations. I am really getting pissed off by these attacks already.

By the way if you have arthritis I doubt gloves are going to be your cure.

I am editing this to add that I am sorry for making light of your situation. Safety is nothing to take lightly. All aspects of safety in all that we do within the confines of our day are important to each and everyone and those around us. So again my Apology to you and hope you find what it is you need to help with this situation. As I said I did give you some recommendations. I know there were guys on the job that used an orange pair of gloves but I do not remember the name. One other piece of advice is whatever glove you do get it maybe worth getting a size larger. With those gloves and the extra padding they get tight especially when new and someone with arthritis will cut circulation off in fingers. I again apologies and hope we are good. Not my intention to make fun. Take care.

Last edited:

WriteON

Oh relax will you.I again apologies and hope we are good. Not my intention to make fun. Take care.

I'm relaxed. If I were any more relaxed I'd be in a coma. It's the "chuckle" word doesn't sit right. Yes we're good. Life is too serious to take seriously. Was looking for recommendations and give others a heads up.
I worked with small hand tools for lifetime. Safety equipment is everything. Using a Dremel I had a heatless wheel burst and hit me in the far head just missing my eyes... I never turned a machine on again without first putting on eye protection. I used a shop vac for a duct collector...had no idea it's worthless without a HEPA filter. Never used hearing protection...big mistake. My latest hearing aids cost 2.5 x's my first car. I'm the luckiest person in the world. Considering everything I feel pretty good. And trying that stay that way...and staying around for spite! Sorry for my overdone sarcastic reply.... My fuse was short...that's what happens when I'm not at the lathe enough. Have a great day. Peace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom