Another tool to cut your pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ha ha...:biggrin: If, like me, you follow Canadian YouTuber AvE , then you will know he uses one of those to open BOLTR boxes. I think he's great. I've even purchased some of his self assembly special rulers as gifts for some of my buddies. :biggrin:

JT, you should get one of those saws.......it may improve your accuracy when you do segmenting blanks.......:biggrin::tongue:

BTW if you don't know him, then don't search for him unless you are ok with MAJOR profanity !! :)

Last edited:

Curly

Sorry Skippy I don't follow anyone on YouTube. What the heck is a BOLTR?

Somehow I see somebody stuffing one in their pocket for a minute while they are doing something and.........:eek: :doctor:

jttheclockman

Skip I was thinking to get one for my scrollsaw work. Good for cutting fine detail work.

Pete thats funny because if you read that ad one of the warnings is do not stick in your pocket.

TonyL

I love stuff like this. I wouldn't know what to do with it, but it looks fun! Maybe I should open the box of the band saw I bought over a year ago ? :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sorry Skippy I don't follow anyone on YouTube. What the heck is a BOLTR?

Somehow I see somebody stuffing one in their pocket for a minute while they are doing something and.........:eek: :doctor:

Pete, BOLTR stands for Bored Of Lame Tool Reviews......this guy detests those guys on YouTube that pretend to love the item they are 'reviewing' because they are either getting paid or get to keep the item sent by a sponsor. This guy comes from a completely different angle and calls a spade a spade. :wink:
IIRC, when he did a review on this tool, he said he didn't know what in hell in could use it for, but said it was pretty well made. He uses it to open the boxes of other stuff he is checking out. :wink: He is pretty rough on the tools so may have broken it by now..:biggrin:

Sorry for sort of hijacking your thread JT..:cool:

chartle

He is pretty rough on the tools so may have broken it by now..:biggrin:

Sorry for sort of hijacking your thread JT..:cool:

You must have missed the 6 month update where he let the blue smoke and it no longer chuchies.

But I swear I have seen it lately which means he liked it so much he bought another one.

Keep your ...... ah no this group isn't ready for that. :bashful: :wink:

chartle

I think its a tool looking for a purpose thats really deigned to be a gift from someone that doesn't use tools.

Sort of like years ago when thee were tons of rotary cutting tools sold as "mainstream" saws. Less scary than a circular saw.

bmachin

Went looking for one for my wife who has severe arthritis in her hands but loves to garden. Looks like it would be great for light pruning. Unfortunately at the time I was looking they were not available in the US.

If they ever show up here I'll give one a chance. They're Bosch, after all.

Bill

chartle

Went looking for one for my wife who has severe arthritis in her hands but loves to garden. Looks like it would be great for light pruning. Unfortunately at the time I was looking they were not available in the US.

If they ever show up here I'll give one a chance. They're Bosch, after all.

Bill

Not sure that means the same as years ago.

I would check out some reviews of people actually using it in real world situations. Maybe harder to use than you think.

Top Bottom