Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
So I'll put it here instead
Sycamore and Eagalized"elusive blue" Baron

20051130224546_Sycamore%20elusive%20bluebaron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Eagle,
In the picture the blue almost looks like it changes colors depending on the position of the pen. Meaning it gets darker and lighter as the pen moves. Is this the case?
This pen would look good on a Satin Nickle kit as well. Nicely done!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Eagle,
In the picture the blue almost looks like it changes colors depending on the position of the pen. Meaning it gets darker and lighter as the pen moves. Is this the case?
This pen would look good on a Satin Nickle kit as well. Nicely done!
Ron the blue and also the sycamore have chatoyance but how are you moving the pen through your monitor.[^]

Ron Mc

Actually I'm testing a new type monitor for a company and I have enjoyed writing with your pen now for several minutes[:D] Don't worry I'll put it back when I'm done.

JimGo

I like this one too Eagle. But, again, I have to tease you and tell you that it looks like you're trying to emulate some of the acrylics! Of course, I'm very impressed with the precision with which you're able to make the "lines" in these blanks, and the smoothness of the curves. Very nicely done!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Actually I'm testing a new type monitor for a company and I have enjoyed writing with your pen now for several minutes[:D] Don't worry I'll put it back when I'm done.

Good answer, Ron.
Great pen, Eagle.

So so my Aunt Fannie!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />I like this one too Eagle. But, again, I have to tease you and tell you that it looks like you're trying to emulate some of the acrylics! Of course, I'm very impressed with the precision with which you're able to make the "lines" in these blanks, and the smoothness of the curves. Very nicely done!

Actually Jim I am going full circle.
I think the Acrylics are copying The Creators heanenly work on burls but are doing it in colors.
I actually like the appearance of acrylices, but I can buy an acrylic pen anywhere.
To make a wood pen look like it is an acrylic that mimic a wood one to beging with, now that's an accomplishment.!

JimGo

Eagle,
I actually remember your original remark about the burl resemblance, that's why I had to tease you about this latest set of blanks and their resemblance to some of the acrylics! [:D] I agree about being able to buy <u>AN</u> acrylic anywhere; but <u>MY</u> acrylic/PR pens aren't quite as prolific (at least not yet - world domination is only my long-term goal [:D]).

Woodnknots

Great pen, as always Eagle. I have a question though. What method do you use to line up your grain when you assemble your barons? Slimlines and the like are easy, but I've had bad luck with threaded pens lately. I'm just looking for some guidance.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I really like this one Eagle. The colors work well, I am partial to sycamore though.
Nice pen and no reason not to be in SOYP.
Not my best as indicated by the description of the forum.
(I will let a "pretty good" one slip through though every once in a while)

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />Great pen, as always Eagle. I have a question though. What method do you use to line up your grain when you assemble your barons? Slimlines and the like are easy, but I've had bad luck with threaded pens lately. I'm just looking for some guidance.
The baron is easy.Cap it and just twist till it is right.
Everything turns in the fitting.( you glue you're screwed)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Dave--assemble the lower barrel as per the instructions. Screw the centerband/coupler assembly onto the lower barrel. Place the upper barrel over the coupler and align either by eye or with a straight edge. Gently press the cap down onto the coupler, then unscrew the upper barrel/coupler/centerband from the lower barrel. Finish pressing the coupler/centerband assembly into the upper barrel, then press in the cap. This is a four-start thread, so the alignment will only work with one of the four starts.

alamocdc

So so? Hideous is more like it. Eagle, you should probably send it to me so I can dispose of it properly. Wouldn't want it frightening the writing public. [}:)][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom