Another Help Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I made this pen two years ago and do not know the model or where I got it. It is antler and done fairly well. Some where during the shows the female thread came out and is lost. What kit is this. Who made it? Is it possible to find the spate part that I need. The pen needs resurrection from the dead to be sold.
Your continued consideration is appreciated,
John

IAP - Antler Help 1.jpg

IAP - Antler Help 2.jpg

IAP - Antler Help 3.jpg

IAP - Antler Help 4.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks like a Baron to me

Is the female threaded part not just pushed in too far?

Last edited:

PenMan1

Looks like a Baron (Navigator from Woodcraft), or Tycoon from PSI.

If you can't find a coupler, I likely have one (Baron) in the shop, SOMEWHERE!

Can you measure the inside of the centerband with a caliper?

islandturner

John, In the last photo, you can see up inside the cap. There is a plastic piece there that seems to have horizontal lines inside. That's not the threaded piece is it, shoved up inside the cap? I'm sure it's not -- just thought I'd ask. Good luck with it...

Steve

Jgrden

Looks like a Baron (Navigator from Woodcraft), or Tycoon from PSI.

If you can't find a coupler, I likely have one (Baron) in the shop, SOMEWHERE!

Can you measure the inside of the centerband with a caliper?

Will do Penman. Tomorrow.

Jgrden

John, In the last photo, you can see up inside the cap. There is a plastic piece there that seems to have horizontal lines inside. That's not the threaded piece is it, shoved up inside the cap? I'm sure it's not -- just thought I'd ask. Good luck with it...

Steve

Steve, thank you. I am pretty sure it has not been shoved inside, but in celebration of Murphy's Law, I will do another search. It just seems curious that this piece was a separate object to glue inside the top cap. I am going to order another Baron to see what parts it comes with, just to satisfy my curiosity. I distinctly remember the cap screwing on properly.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I just looked at a pen that i have thats in the "baron family". Looking at it and looking at your last 2 pictures, its sure looks to me like the threaded insert is in there, just pushed in about 1/4" from the end - which would mean it wouldn't screw in any more.

Looks like a Baron to me

Is the female threaded part not just pushed in too far?

Nope, I looked, it is missing. Thank you for the thought.

Looking at the last 2 pics, it's in there. I had the same problem with some Sedonas a while back. The threads break loose, and are pushed up into the cap. Punch out the finial, push the threads (the black piece inside) out the top, then punch out the center. Reglue the threads with a little epoxy, making sure the threads stay clean, and reassemble.

sbell111

It looks like it fell victim to a shopper who tried to push the cap on, rather than screw it on and never learned to live by the adage of 'If it's too difficult, you're doing it wrong'.

It looks like it fell victim to a shopper who tried to push the cap on, rather than screw it on and never learned to live by the adage of 'If it's too difficult, you're doing it wrong'.

That was my first thought, too. There are/were also some component sets with little or no glue securing the inset to the coupler. With nothing but a friction fit, it's hard not to push some of those up into the cap, eventually.

Jgrden

Chatham, I will try. Thank you.
John

After Trying: I will be darned. It WAS in there. Pulled it back out and now it works. However, now it needs to be taken apart and glued properly.

Youse guys just saved a $105.00 antler with sterling silver pen.

Last edited:
Chatham, I will try. Thank you.
John

After Trying: I will be darned. It WAS in there. Pulled it back out and now it works. However, now it needs to be taken apart and glued properly.

Youse guys just saved a $105.00 antler with sterling silver pen.

And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :biggrin: Glad to help out.

Top Bottom