Another Charity Auction to benefit the victims of the Oklahoma tornado!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Team 8, from the recently completed CCC, has donated their creation to benefit the victims of the Oklahoma tornado. These members are:

Jim Burr of Fresno, CA
MarkD of Sayre, PA
TerryF of Pretoria, South Africa
EBorragaof Louisville, KY
penmaker1967 of Biscoe, NC

The auction can be found here!

Thank You Team 8!! :good::biggrin::good:

mbroberg

Mike, If this is your auction, which I assume it is, you may want to edit your title since you spelled Custom as Custum.

Thanks Curtis. I just tried to edit it ne it won't let me change it. I guess the world will now know that I can't spell!!:redface:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I gave it a nice bump.... maybe Smitty will let me have this one. :tongue:

Go ahead, outbid me... I dare you. :biggrin:

You didn't last long.
Be very careful of artificially bumping the bids. If you don't want it then don't bid.
Artificial bid bumping is called Shill Bidding and is illegal.. In the UK it can earn you a ÂŁ5000 fine .
If it's ok to do this in USA then I for one will never take part in an IAP auction again. Raising funds for a good cause is one thing, but breaking the law is another.

Russianwolf

I never bid what I can't afford to spend Skippy.

As I said in my follow-up, I usually bid my max and then cuss like crazy if someone outbids me, but I won't bid again as it was my max price.

In these cases (charity auctions) I actively encourage people to outbid me, not because I don't want the item, but because I want the cause to get the maximum benefit.

In these I think everyone should be begging, cajoling, mocking, etc. to get others to outbid them and get the Red Cross more money. These people are going to need every bit we can muster and more.

I've already made one donation since I didn't win the first auction. I may make another go at this one, but I'll make another donation to the cause regardless.

And yep, Shill bidding isn't allowed on ebay but I don't think there is a specific law about it.

Others have been there when I needed a hand, I pay it forward when I can.

Last edited:

terryf

Slow down Tiger :biggrin:
Its illegal in most of the civilized and semi-civilized world including South Africa.

Ebay policies strictly forbid shill bidding.

Well I gave it a nice bump.... maybe Smitty will let me have this one. :tongue:

Go ahead, outbid me... I dare you. :biggrin:

You didn't last long.
Be very careful of artificially bumping the bids. If you don't want it then don't bid.
Artificial bid bumping is called Shill Bidding and is illegal.. In the UK it can earn you a ÂŁ5000 fine .
If it's ok to do this in USA then I for one will never take part in an IAP auction again. Raising funds for a good cause is one thing, but breaking the law is another.

mbroberg

The bid is at 202.50, and the auction is only hours old. Who has 250.00?

Also, if any of you are active on any of the social media sites please publicize this auction!!

mbroberg

Hey,

I've just learned that bidding $250.00 will almost be like bidding NOTHING at all!!! I'll explain once the bidding gets there.!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

Once again we Okies are proud to be associated with this great group of folks so do as voters in Chicago do vote er....bid and bid often .

mbroberg

Hey,

I've just learned that bidding $250.00 will almost be like bidding NOTHING at all!!! I'll explain once the bidding gets there.!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nothing but the chirping of crickets.............................

No one is willing to take the plunge? $250?....anyone?......

OKLAHOMAN

And bumped once more, the pen is surly worth $250 and Mike said something to the effect that when it hit $250 it would almost pay for itself.....

Russianwolf

I would but my AC just decided to go crazy and flood the attic.

Not a happy camper at the moment. There was supposed to be an emergency shut-off if the condensate pan got full. Now my ceiling is buckling.

mbroberg

WOW!!!

Thanks Brad and Thanks Stephen!!!

The bid is now at $250.00 with Skiprat in the lead to own this beautiful pen and more importantly, help the Oklahomans who lost so much to the deadly tornado.

But Wait...................... There's More!!!!!

Our own Oklahoman, Roy Robaldo, has sweetened this pot to the tune of $250.00!!!

The winner of this auction will receive, in addition to this beautiful pen, $250.00 Store Credit at The Classic Nib!

This auction, in essence, is starting over!!!! Skippy's $250.00 bid is now a break even deal thanks to Roy and The Classic Nib!!

So, whatever your budget was for this auction add $250.00 and place your bid!!!!

Thank you Roy!

terryf

Very generous of you Roy :biggrin::biggrin: Thats just pushed the value of the pen up to 500 bucks :eek:

Thanks Brad and Thanks Stephen!!!​

The bid is now at $250.00 with Skiprat in the lead to own this beautiful pen and more importantly, help the Oklahomans who lost so much to the deadly tornado.

But Wait...................... There's More!!!!!

Our own Oklahoman, Roy Robaldo, has sweetened this pot to the tune of $250.00!!!

The winner of this auction will receive, in addition to this beautiful pen, $250.00 Store Credit at The Classic Nib!​

This auction, in essence, is starting over!!!! Skippy's $250.00 bid is now a break even deal thanks to Roy and The Classic Nib!!

So, whatever your budget was for this auction add $250.00 and place your bid!!!!

Thank you Roy!

Jim Burr

Banned
Wow!!! Thanks folks...it's a little weird to see something you worked on pluggin' away on eBay, but the people that it will help are more than deserving!

penmaker1967

it does feel strange to to see it on ebay but i am glad it it turning out very well for the people who need the help. thanks everyone

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
RFLMAO!!!! :biggrin:
I must be getting old!!! I switched from my Kindle Ebay account to my laptop account and managed to outbid myself!!!:eek::biggrin:

Of course, big big thanks to the CC gang and Roy!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I just sent a note to Jeff...:rolleyes:

Dear Jeff,
It isn't too long before the next IAP Birthday Bash. With this in mind, please would you be so kind as to reward the Main Man Mike with a dictionary instead of a mug? I have a feeling that he uses these mugs to consume vast quantities of alcohol and his posts on IAP seem to reflect this sad state of affairs.
Yours
The General Riff Raff

terryf

or as I saw earlier today...

add a bit more water, your fingers are slurring! :biggrin:

I just sent a note to Jeff...:rolleyes:

Dear Jeff,
It isn't too long before the next IAP Birthday Bash. With this in mind, please would you be so kind as to reward the Main Man Mike with a dictionary instead of a mug? I have a feeling that he uses these mugs to consume vast quantities of alcohol and his posts on IAP seem to reflect this sad state of affairs.
Yours
The General Riff Raff

Top Bottom