Anco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Has anyone used Anco root for pen blanks and if so what is your opinion/ experience with it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anglesachse

Thought this was interesting as I have never heard of Anco.
According to the dog forums:

Anco is actually the name of the distribution company

Their website says

ANCO Roots are tree roots from a secret eco-sustainable source.

contact details

Address:
Anco Dog Treats

I then found on german ebay the following:-

original Anco ROOTS

DAS langlebige, natürliche Spielzeug für alle kaufreudigen Hunde aus der Wurzel der portugiesischen Baumheide "Erica Arborea", einem extrem harten und wiederstandsfähigen Holz das nicht splittert.

Translated:-

The durable, natural toy for all dogs that are made from the root of the Portuguese "Erica Arborea" tree, an extremely hard and resilient wood that does not splinter.

Next step

Erica arborea (tree heath) is a species of flowering plant (angiosperms) in the heather family, Ericaceae. There are disjunct populations in Africa including the Ethiopian Highlands, the mountains of Ruwenzori and the Cameroon Mountains. In Africa it is normally referred to as giant heather. It is native to the maquis shrublands surrounding the Mediterranean Basin north to Bulgaria and west to Portugal and the Canary and Madeira Islands. Naturalised populations occur in south-eastern Australia.[1]

The wood, known as briar root (French: bruyère), is extremely hard and heat-resistant, and is used for making smoking pipes.

I love using Briar for pens.

DJBPenmaker

Thought this was interesting as I have never heard of Anco.
According to the dog forums:

Anco is actually the name of the distribution company

Their website says

ANCO Roots are tree roots from a secret eco-sustainable source.

contact details

Address:
Anco Dog Treats

I then found on german ebay the following:-

original Anco ROOTS

DAS langlebige, natürliche Spielzeug für alle kaufreudigen Hunde aus der Wurzel der portugiesischen Baumheide "Erica Arborea", einem extrem harten und wiederstandsfähigen Holz das nicht splittert.

Translated:-

The durable, natural toy for all dogs that are made from the root of the Portuguese "Erica Arborea" tree, an extremely hard and resilient wood that does not splinter.

Next step

Erica arborea (tree heath) is a species of flowering plant (angiosperms) in the heather family, Ericaceae. There are disjunct populations in Africa including the Ethiopian Highlands, the mountains of Ruwenzori and the Cameroon Mountains. In Africa it is normally referred to as giant heather. It is native to the maquis shrublands surrounding the Mediterranean Basin north to Bulgaria and west to Portugal and the Canary and Madeira Islands. Naturalised populations occur in south-eastern Australia.[1]

The wood, known as briar root (French: bruyère), is extremely hard and heat-resistant, and is used for making smoking pipes.

I love using Briar for pens.
That's interesting indeed. Sounds like it may be a challenge to make a pen with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom