ambyona burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnson

I have seen amboyna burl in the $6 per blank range. 6x6x2blocks were around $30. With snakewoods history of self destruction I would dump it as fast as I could. Just my opinion.

chitswood

Blah, our snakewood doesn't sell destruct!

I left snakewood blanks in the sun at 90 degrees the whole day and they were no different than before.
no wax, they were on a black metal table and were almost too hot to pick up.

This is a REALLY EXPENSIVE wood

johnson

Were they drilled yet with a brass tube glued in? Things expand at different rates when heated, two of the worse being brass and aluminum. If the snakewood doesn't have the mass AFTER turning to offset the expansion of the tube, small as it is, it will more than likely crack.

alamocdc

Darick, both Amboyna burl and Afzelia burl sell by the pound rather than the board foot. I paid $150 for three blocks of Amboyna burl a few months ago at the cheapest prices I'd seen for it. And these aren't very large pieces either... two 4"x16" spindles and one 8"x8"x3" block.

Fangar

Lee Tree works has them for 4.00 a blank. His stuff is top notch!

http://www.leetreewoodworks.com/pen_blanks_2.htm

There is a pen in my album made from his stash. In fact I get all of my burls (Other than my Camphor and Redwood) from him.

Fangar

Skye

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Lee Tree works has them for 4.00 a blank. His stuff is top notch!

http://www.leetreewoodworks.com/pen_blanks_2.htm

There is a pen in my album made from his stash. In fact I get all of my burls (Other than my Camphor and Redwood) from him.

Fangar

Next time I have any free money, I'm gonna be screwed. That's a pantload! [V] [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom