Amazon Dot Generation 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

I love mine. I want another. I connected it to pandora and my ecobee thermostat. The speaker is better than my iPhone and works well for light background music while I'm cooking or while getting ready for bed in the bathroom.

Also the timer function helps so I don't over cook things. The voice command helps so you do not have to touch anything. I was against it then got it for Christmas am no I and sold.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. I am going to get one. I want news (BBC, etc.)

I have several Dots. Been very surprised with the audio quality. I've got my flash briefing configured for BBC, NPR, then Weather. Very convenient. I also do a bit of home automation - some lights, coffee pot, and the thermostat.

TonyL

Thanks Jeff. I ordered one. If I like, I may order a few more.
I didn't know you can sort/order the news. I only received it the Echo yesterday pm. I have to try that.

It was one of my wife's Christmas gifts. Needless to say, I have used it 20 times, and Lori has yet to ask it a question LOL.

ladycop322

Tony,

Dennis and I have one echo and two dots. We love them! Also, you don't need an echo for the dot to work either. The dot is just the echo without the bigger speaker. I have researched this before Christmas because I wanted to buy for gifts.

Michelle

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know you can sort/order the news. I only received it the Echo yesterday pm. I have to try that.

It was one of my wife's Christmas gifts. Needless to say, I have used it 20 times, and Lori has yet to ask it a question LOL.

To sort: In the Alexa app; Settings -> Flash Briefing, then tap Edit Order in the upper right corner. Then touch and drag to the order you want.

TonyL

Great. Going to do that tonight. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

TonyL

To sort: In the Alexa app; Settings -> Flash Briefing, then tap Edit Order in the upper right corner. Then touch and drag to the order you want.

Just did it! Thx.

Chuck Key

Alexa on my Amazon Dot and Alexa on the Amazon Fire Stick I got today do not seem to know each other at all. Same name different people. Would be cool to control the stick from the dot. Maybe I just have not figured it out yet.

Fireengines

I have a Dot and Alexia. I hooked the dot to a set of old computer speakers.

I am not connecting any automation devices that use IP addressing because of the possibility of hacking. However, one of the simplest ways for someone to hack your device is to issue a command over your answering machine, if you have one. Depending on the location of your device, it works.

Make sure you turn off your Amazon auto ordering.

I know, there are solutions to this and not everyone has an answering machine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom