"Am I OK" - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 1

G'day, Brian. Trusting that everything will continue to improve. Prayers for you.
However, use caution with the pacemaker. A fellow had one and every time he saw a pretty girl, a garage door would go up!
Old 08-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 6

When I saw TIA, my first thought was, I have that. And then I read the rest of the post. My TIA is Technical Issues Anger :)

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..........
Paul in OKC is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-28-2018, 03:17 AM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenacres2 View Post
Glad to hear you are improving--and encourage you to continue on that direction!!

I'd rather read your postings with some spelling errors than not read them at all, so i'm hoping you are back with us on a more regular basis.

Best wishes,
earl
Thank you Earl, I will take it with one small session at a time,
Kindest regards
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithbyrd View Post
Brian, Glad to see you are proving and also sorry for the hardships. My prayers for you!
Thank you Keith for your support and encouragement.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellicoTurning View Post
Brian,
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, but looks like they are looking up.
My wife has had a number of the TIA's over the past few years and just 4 years ago had a full blown stroke after a long bout with a septic infection through her body. She's also had Atril Fib since she was 26 years old - she's 75 now - and just recently had a pacemaker installed to regulate that... she has a monitor that records information off the pacemaker and transmits it to her doctor every 30 days - when we can get a signal out here in the mountains.... cell phones do get a little iffy sometimes. She does have other problems, but is recovering nicely from the stroke and had no after effects from the TIA's.... hang in there and life will get better..
Wishing you good luck and good health for the future.

Thank you Chuck for your words of encouragement, and the insight into problems that your wife has experienced with AF and TIA's, sounds like she has had quite a lot of episodes with them over quite a long period. It is very pleasing to hear that she is recovering from her Stroke, my Thoughts and Prayers are with her.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Last edited by OZturner; 08-28-2018 at 03:40 AM.
OZturner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2018, 03:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Great to hear from you. Prayers for a full recovery. I admire your attitude.
Thanks Tony for your Support, it is greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark james View Post
Very nice to see you visiting again. Be well and I hope for better days ahead.
Thanks Mark, for your kind thoughts and wishes, it is greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimm1 View Post
Good to hear that you are on the mend my friend. I know we all miss you encouraging words when we post here. God bless and we are all praying for your recovery.
Thanks Jim for your kind remarks, and support, it is greatly appreciated.
Sincere thanks,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_V View Post
Glad to see you back. Stay well.
Thank Jim, for your kind reception and remarks, really appreciated.
Sincere thanks,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshjp17 View Post
Best of luck going forward, Brian. We want to see more of you around here.
Thanks John for your kind wishes an support, I will be trying.
Many thanks,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJScher View Post
Brian;
Sorry too hear about the medical problems but glad that all is getting under control. I always enjoy your post and have learned a lot from them, so please when you can, continue to post here. And do not worry about spelling errors, it is the content, not the spelling that we like. Take care and continue to get better.
Thank you Sandy, for your thoughtful comments and remarks, they are greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Brian.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehljp View Post
Thanks for posting Brian. Been wondering about you. My wife had a TIA, and had amnesia for about 72 hours with it - 4 years ago and she used to be able to remember names from her first grade class. Names were always easy for her, even from the first time meeting people and even in Japanese. Then the TIA, bout with amnesia, and now she is about on my level of name remembrance, which is not good for someone that deals with the public as often as I do.

I do understand about "can't remember" basic words and names. I tell people that learning a new language (especially Japanese) past 35 years old and being immersed in it for a living is like being on drugs or having a TIA. Common original language words have to be "thought over and thought up". I use the thesaurus regularly. I remember the meaning that I want to convey but can't remember the common word. Very frustrating. People look at me like I'm an idiot for choosing a similar word but wrong word. Sometimes the Japanese word will come up but not the English.

I have not had a TIA, but my wife has. I watched the changes in her and know that it is a struggle. I will be praying for you and, AND Don't let that "can't remember the right word" stop you. We know your heart and encourage you to join in when ever you can.
Thank you Lee, for your insightful comments on the "I can't remember" episodes that one experiences. The Neurologist told me that difficulty with words and names is a very common episode with TIA. I thought that my becoming an Octogenarian, last December may have had something to do with the difficulty I was experiencing, perhaps even more so than the TIA impact, all he could say was that it probably wouldn't have helped my "Word / Name difficulty. But I am pleased that the frequencies of "difficulties" is diminishing, which is encouraging.
I can associate with your remarks peoples reaction to choosing the wrong word, I spent many years running Technical Training sessions for Engineers, in our Dealer Networks, and I was quite comfortable on my feet, unscripted, getting across what needed to be covered.
To now, not having a constant verbal flow, with every pause seeming like an Eternity, is most demoralizing.
Again thank you Lee, for your insight, and for your contribution to our IAP
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Good to see you back and coming out of an "event" like that is great. Take care and keep posting.
Thank you Pete, for your support and encouragement.
Kind regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchipper View Post
G'day, Brian. Trusting that everything will continue to improve. Prayers for you.
However, use caution with the pacemaker. A fellow had one and every time he saw a pretty girl, a garage door would go up!
Thanks John for your kind and thoughtful remarks, comments and advice.
I will take your caution to heart, but what should I avoid "Pretty Girls", or "Garage Doors"?
Let's make it Garage Doors eh!?
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in OKC View Post
When I saw TIA, my first thought was, I have that. And then I read the rest of the post. My TIA is Technical Issues Anger :)
Thanks for your comments Paul, You are Oh so right.
I have a "Car Less Garage" (aka Workshop) full of UFO's (Un- Finished Objects) many, if not most of these, fall into your definition of TIA's.
I am not permitted to let anyone into the "Workshop" under strict instructions from SWMBO, as she will get embarrassed, at the Chaos, and Stigma of "What will they Think".
So I must get "A Round TOIT" one Day.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Avoid garage doors. At my age, the young girls avoid me! I am fortunate that one lady has stuck by me for a bit over 46 years.
Trust that everything will continue to improve for you. G'day, mate!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Hi Brian! Nice to see you back in the thick of it. Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier and I'm sorry I didn't respond until now. Hang tough my friend. My father was stationed in Australia during WWII on a sub and he always told me that the "Aussies" were always the toughest to fight with. I think most Australians have that fighting spirit, you included- Tom
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Photos: 14

prayers for a speedy recovery
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
― Stephen Grellet

Deuteronomy 31:6
Romans 14:8
firewhatfire is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Brian, I hope everything is going well for you.
LouCee is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf creek knives View Post
Hi Brian! Nice to see you back in the thick of it. Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier and I'm sorry I didn't respond until now. Hang tough my friend. My father was stationed in Australia during WWII on a sub and he always told me that the "Aussies" were always the toughest to fight with. I think most Australians have that fighting spirit, you included- Tom
Thank you Tom for your kind post, there is a very strong association of Mutual Respect, and Friendship between many Americans, as without the American War of Independence in 1776, Britain wouldn't have needed for a Penal Colony the Great Southern Land, that Lieutenant James Cook had "Discovered" and Mapped a large part of the Coast Line in 1770.

in 1778 Captain Arthur Philip brought a number of ships with Convicts, and a small Garrison.
He entered what a bay called by Cook and Sir Joseph Banks as Botany Bay, but as there was not a ready or easily discovered a supply of fresh water, he journeyed several miles north and entered a bay with a somewhat narrow opening through a Headland, into what was later named Port Jackson, which is now referred too as Sydney Harbour.
Here he found a good supply of Water, and it was there that they built the settlement now known as Sydney, so named after Lord Sydney.

Australians have fought alongside, the American Servicemen, in all Global Conflicts, since and including WW1.
This has developed into mutual respect, appreciation, friendship, and a great companionship, between both nations, and continues today for those who choose to pursue it, and in particular, to those who fought alongside one another.
Again thank you my Friend for your kind wishes and your PM's
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewhatfire View Post
prayers for a speedy recovery
Thank you Phil,my friend, your kind comments are graciously received and appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCee View Post
Brian, I hope everything is going well for you.
Thank you Chad, for your kind Post.
Daily I am improving, I feel I am recalling from the depths of my" Memory Bank", noticeably better every day.
I may never get back to what I was, but I think that may have naturally occurred, just with the passage of the years.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Last edited by OZturner; 09-08-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads