6 FEET of snow in Erie, Pa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Um, no thanks.
Back in 2010, we got 63" of snow here, but it was over 3 days.
We did not own a snowblower back then, but that storm made us decide to invest in one.
It took my wife & I shoveling in shifts over a week just to get out of our driveway.

I can't imagine 6 feet of snow. That's just nuts.
If we have any members living there, I hope they are ok.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

We understand the feelings. As a child of the 60's .... did my share of shoveling. Invested in my first snow blower when I turned 40. Today, couldn't be without it.

While life can be easier in todays world. Somethings never change. Mother nature is beyond our control. Hope that everyone is safe and warm everywhere.

Woodchipper

One mountain chain out west gets about 400 inches of snow a year. Just don't get snowed in- remember what happened to the Donner party?

turncrazy43

60+ inches of snow in a short period of time, WOW! That is really something. We lived in Michigan until 1983 but I don't ever remember getting that much snow so quickly. Hope everyone in the north and northeast is OK. We can use a break what with hurricanes, fires etc. Hope, God and mother nature spares us for 2018. Have a blessed new year to all of the IAP members and their families.

Turncrazy43

Woodchipper

We had 21 inches of snow in March, 1993 here in SE TN. Pen turning wouldn't work as we didn't have power until late afternoon, Saturday.

sbwertz

A few years ago I got an email from a friend in Wisconsin. She told me "Spring is coming. I can see the top of the round pen." A round pen is a training ring for horses with seven foot tall walls.

My stepson is a truck driver and currently in the Albany, NY area.... when he was complaining about the snow, I just told him it could be worse.... :wink:

It could be where I am.:biggrin:

You all know that SNOW is a four letter word ... and I don't do snow. :biggrin:

It's sort of a standing joke with the wife and I, but if I had had my druthers, I'd have been waiting for Roy in Costa Rica.

Last edited:
Top Bottom