#54 and counting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Most of you will see this on May 26th - that date marks the 54th anniversary of our wedding day. May 26th 1962 Helen and I were Married at St. Rita's RC Church in Gouldsboro Pa. It is a small but lovely Church and Fr. John Dougherty (later the Auxiliary Bishop of Scranton) presided. We were very pleased that Msgr Dougherty (at the time representing the Bishop of Scranton)also presided at the confirmation of our younger son.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Congrats Smitty

Most of you will see this on May 26th - that date marks the 54th anniversary of our wedding day. May 26th 1962 Helen and I were Married at St. Rita's RC Church in Gouldsboro Pa. It is a small but lovely Church and Fr. John Dougherty (later the Auxiliary Bishop of Scranton) presided. We were very pleased that Msgr Dougherty (at the time representing the Bishop of Scranton)also presided at the confirmation of our younger son.

You have my wife"Topsy" and me beat by 3 1/2yrs Dec. 30th of last year we cellabrated our 50th.

Joey-Nieves

Smitty;
I was 6 months old when you hitch, tied the nose, etc. etc. The reason you have had so many years of wonderful bliss is because you put God ahead of everything. After reading your self congratulations it is clear that your faith has made your marriage strong.

You have led by example and I hope that all young people understand that the secret to life is faith! not in any religion in particular but in God, faith is a very powerful motivator and also a bond between life and the divine. Faith will strengthen our character, our belief in God and oneself, it will fortify who we face adversity and how we see our companion, the faith of a couple will make a family strive easier(??) and the beauty of faith is that even if you don't believe in God, it will make you strong.

I respect everybody's faith as a rule of life and I take comfort in mine, your testimony reminds me of my parents who have since past away, they were married almost 62 years. Great marriages start with great people, I will be married to my wife 25 years on June 29, I can only hope to become a leader as you and some of the members who have past the 50 year mark.

All have left to say is may the Lord continue to shine upon you and bless you and your family as well as all my friends from IAP

Joey

Last edited:
Top Bottom