50 Cal Parker let me down, again....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

The last time Ordered five of these, two of them were ruined because this author pressed the top ringw/thread into the top of the brass tube too far. It squashed the tube and it was not salvageable.
Well i had one left and had not shown it for a year but because my inventory for a show was a little low, I displayed the pen. Darned if someone didn't buy it and ordered three more. Sure enough, two went together wonderfully. the thirde one had issues. The top ring with the threads slipped inside the brass tube when i tested it to egress the point. then i pulled it apart and the ring decided to stay inside with the transmission. So now it was necessary to figure out how to fish the ring pout by unscrewing it while inside the 50 Cal housing. A fowl with just the right circumference unscrewed the part and it came out. then it was necessary to figure out to get the transmission out. It finally hit me that the plastic housing inside the 50 Cal housing could unscrew. It came out and it was possible to push the transmission back down. Next a tine drop of super glue went on the ring and it was repressed back into the brass. I still haven't put it back together. I am afraid to becasue if the glue does not hold, the same thing will happen again. :rain:
Just thought you'd like to know. :tongue:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

John, I use red lock tight to hold those brass collars in, it seems to hold better than super glue, haven't had a problem since with the lock tight. V/R Robbie

robersonjr

John, I use red lock tight to hold those brass collars in, it seems to hold better than super glue, haven't had a problem since with the lock tight. V/R Robbie

If you can find Green Loc tite that is the best... Gun Smiths use it for setting liners in barrels. But red will be fine

Green would be good if the pen were already assembled, it is a wicking Loctite, Red is better for assembling the parts, red being the strongest. I have 4 different colors, all used for different applications.

Jgrden

red Lock Tight. I am going to look fo rsome tomorrow and my handy dandy ACE harware store. I have one of their Magic Kingdom Club Cards. Thank you for mentioning it.
John

Jgrden

Okay, Green and Red.
The saga continues. When Assembled the tube, with the superglued - for lack of knowledge about Lock Tight) collar it would not fit in the plastic housing. Too tight. Then the tube had to be reemed out for some clearance to allow the sheel to turn while the end cap grabed the transmission. . The pen is now assembled and works beautifully. I am thinking about charging a PITA fee.

Top Bottom