4 days & 7 hours !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Just for a little encouragement, if needed, go and reread the warnings kindly provided by the Surgeon General. If you no longer have a pack with those warnings, no need to go get 'em... I will summarize: Use these and you die soon.

Very glad to note your success. You are on a good path now. :):good::bananen_smilies027:

MTViper

Good luck! Christmas day marked 9 years for me. I quit again every morning cause the "want to" is still there. Keep at it one hour at a time.

Congratualtions!

After 4 days you have the hardest part done.

Now, just don't ever tell yourself...."I can have just one for the heck of it".....nope! don't do it.

Been there, done that many times.

Now I have been free from those buggers for almost 7 years.

chrisk

You can do it.
11 years and 35 days ago I smoked at least 60 cigarettes/day.
If you can stop the related automatisms (like blindly pick a cigarette while driving...) you're on the right track.

Mr Vic

I've lost track of the years since I quit my 4 pack a day habit. Just think of all the money you'll save to spend on tools. You can do IT!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for all the support friends. I actually thought it was going to be much harder than it has been. I really can't wait to tell my Dr. and insurance agent. :biggrin: I won't be going back to smoking.

KBs Pensnmore

Glad to hear it, I hope you can keep it up. I found stress was the worst part, now I say "it's not my problem" and don't worry about it. Haven't smoked or drank for 10 years. I've lost a lot of friends through smoking, some from passive smoke.
Kryn

CREID

Thanks for all the support friends. I actually thought it was going to be much harder than it has been. I really can't wait to tell my Dr. and insurance agent. :biggrin: I won't be going back to smoking.

If your married, don't tell your wife. That's a lot of extra money to be available. :biggrin:

robutacion

Oh boy mate, I will never forget my second attempt to stop smoking about 11 years ago, me and wife Merissa...!

Merissa was smarter and she went to see the doctor to get some patches and whatever was available at the time that could help her with the cravings and everything else, I on the other hand, decided to go cool turkey and use nothing, I was strong enough to get it done all on my own.

What a big mistake that was, after about 2 weeks I went off my head, depressed, irritated, and completely unsociable or near anyone, I was literally crawling at walls so, I went and saw the doctor and he helped me to easy things down by starting to prescribe me strong relaxants and put me a sleep for days. After that were patches and anything else I could put my hands on and I can tell you this, you still have a long way to go...!

With that said, I want also to say that, everybody has a different set of reactions from going from heavy smoking to no smoking and as a result what needs to be done and what people do to get the habit away, is quite complex but it all starts with the major step of them all and that is, the decision to stop smoking and the determination to become smoking free.

We are all so different and a good example of that is that, most of people that smoked heavy for many years and then stopped, regardless of how hard or easy was for them, the vast majority I spoke to and read about, they all started hating the smell of smoking, some do get actually sick however, there are a small number of us that after all the pains and stresses of stop smoking, still enjoy the smell of smoking, not only we can detect the smell from a long distance away but, some of us actually and when possible, get a little closer to those smoking and still enjoy the smell without affecting us or become a trigger to go and buy a pack of cigarettes, we may think of that is certain stages of our life's but, we keep soldier on smoking free, but I still miss it, and that is a reality.

Now, for this new issue of electronic cigarettes, I don't know for sure if they can help a tobacco smoker to give up by reducing the amount of nicotine going through their systems, I have absolutely no believe that all these mixes they make of e-liquids without nicotine are ever effective, regardless of how much smoke cloud they produce and as a result, regardless of the temptation to try them (without nicotine) I have always been very concerned/scared of the possibility that they would trigger instead, me going to the real thing again, that "fear" has been enough to keep me away however, I spend a considerable amount of time making blanks for these e-cig/vapor mod makers and spoke with many users about all the variations out there, until the demand for me to make those blanks have vanished due to over-supply and new innovations that I wanted anything to do with.

And finally, I'm simply trying to warn you that, is still too early to celebrate, you may think that the worse is gone but allow me to give you a friendly piece of advice, be happy for every day you got without smoking, get all the help you may require (is lots out there) don't try to be a macho about it, talk to your doctor ASAP about your intentions and what he can do to "minimise" any of the nasty symptoms that more often than not, only develop some weeks after you stopped and that is what gets so many people by surprise and totally unprepared, such as happened to myself so I know from experience and I will never forget that...!

Best of luck to you and I sincerely hope that you are one of those persons that move away from the habit, without much of complications...!

Your friend,

George

Skie_M

The place where I work, Goodyear: Lawton has decided to go tobacco-free on the premises from 1/1/2017 (today) and on. We have HUNDREDS of smokers who work out there every day. For the past several months, everybody out there who have been smoking have had the opportunity to get free assistance for quitting, but many of them have put it off way too late. The next few months are going to be a bear for them to handle, and they haven't even got a muzzle on em.

I feel for you and them. Good Luck to all of you!

duncsuss

Thanks everybody. Doing well so far today. Trying not to dwell on the cravings. They do exist, but I'll manage.

Congratulations, it's probably the best gift we can give ourselves.

I forget how many times I stopped, got beyond the cravings, then told myself "I can handle just one" and began the whole nasty business over again. I hope I don't fall for that self-deception again -- it's been over 10 years since my last cigarette.

Best of luck -- and Happy New Year :biggrin:

WIDirt

I quit cold turkey 15 years ago. Waited a week, took a drag off a friends smoke, and almost puked. I was done. Haven't even had the urge since then. If you can go a week or so, you'll have it beat. I have confidence in you!

quiting

Thanks everybody. Doing well so far today. Trying not to dwell on the cravings. They do exist, but I'll manage.

Don't be tempted. It took me 3 times and 5 years to finely quit for good.
I chewed up a lot of toothpicks over the years. Gave them up about 2 years ago. We are all pulling for you. Happy new year. Its a good way to start.
ps; 3 time i did it cold turkey.

CREID

Wait until you stand in line at the store and go "Oh my god, that guy smokes in his car. Doesn't he know what he smells like."

Top Bottom