2nd Annual FLGAPG Info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

Ok...two choices for venue. Both event rooms cost the same, but the rooms to sleep in are different in price. First is at the Hampton Inn size of event room is 1800 sq ft. All rooms open to outside of building. Cost per night is $129. Second is Clarion Inn, event room is 2500 sq ft. Only have King Size Suites left at $179 per night.

Hampton Inn will be held on Feb. 10-12, 2017

Clarion Inn will be held on Feb. 24-26, 2017

PM me with any info you may need or if you want to attend. I need to know which hotel you prefer to stay. If you are a facebook user, please find any and all information on this event at facebook page titled, 2nd Annual FLGAPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Just a reminder...ONLY 25 rooms were held. The hotel is booked. That weekend is Spring Break and Blue Jays Spring Training. Soooo, if you don't act soon, you might not find a room!
If you are thinking of VENDING, there are only 4, yes 4 registered vendors! Six tables left. Where are all my vendors? Mike Allen, Jonathon Brooks, Toni Ransfield, Robert Kulp, Fred Wissen, Patterson Grant, Magic Bob (Magical Skew)?????
I have only 18 attendees registered through Paypal as attending. YOU MUST REGISTER THROUGH PAYPAL TO GET IN. YOU WILL HAVE PRE-PRINTED NAME TAGS. IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON A TAG, YOU DON'T GET IN!
WHEN YOU REGISTER, YOU WILL BE PAYING $10/DAY/PERSON. PAY TO PAYPAL ID FLGAPG@GMAIL.COM AND PLEASE PLEASE PAY UNDER FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
ANY QUESTIONS? YOU CAN PM ME HERE ON FACEBOOK OR SEND ME AN EMAIL AT FLGAPG@GMAIL.COM
Thank you!

Loucurr

Thanks for the update Rick...I will be registering but not until after the new year. I will be driving back and forth each day.

Magicbob

I have not seen anything sense the first post about month back.
Is the date and location set?
What is the cost of a table?
What are the room rates at the host hotel?

campzeke

Bob, Please message Michelle (ladycop) for vendor info. She is coordinating the event.

Here is what I know about the event.

NOTICE! NOTICE! NOTICE!
2nd Annual FLGAPG is a GO! Details below:
When: February 25 & 26, 2017
Where: Hampton Inn & Suites, 100 East Bay Dr., Largo, FL 33770
Ok, I have the contract in hand. The rooms need to be booked by February 1, 2017. When you call the Hampton Inn & Suites, at 727-585-3333, tell the reservation clerk you are booking a room under the 'FLGA PEN TURNERS GATHERING'. The hotel offers free House Breakfast Bar or Breakfast On The Run.
Complimentary Fitness Center, Complimentary High Speed Internet, Business Center and it is pet friendly. There is a microwave and mini fridge in every room. They also have a heated pool!
Only 25 rooms have been blocked so get yours reserved today!
For the event, the hotel will set up complimentary water, coffee and iced tea stations.
Registration for the event for attendees is: $10/day.
Please send your registration fees to FLGAPG@gmail.com (in the comments field, I need your name and the name of your guest/wife/significant other, etc.)
Also, vendors, I have only 12 tables available. If you are going to be a vendor, you need to reserve now! The tables and chairs will be provided. I was informed the tables are 12' long. They will be dressed with linens provided by the hotel. Vendor fee for both days is $100. You can reserve your table by submitting payment to FLGAPG@gmail.com. In the comment area, please specify you are registering as a vendor. Then, send me an email at FLGAPG@gmail.com and advise what you will be selling at your table.
If you plan on showing up on Friday night for Columbia Restaurant meet and greet dinner, please also email me and advise on number in your party, so I can make reservations in advance.
If you have any questions, you can always text me at 561 568 6090 or email me directly at FLGAPG@gmail.com
I hope to see all of you at the event and am looking forward to a bigger and better gathering this coming year!
DON'T FORGET THE LOGO CONTEST. I HAVE TWO ENTRIES. I HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR THE CONTEST TO DECEMBER 15, 2016. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO THINK ABOUT A LOGO FOR THIS ORGANIZATION!

Loucurr

I have not seen anything sense the first post about month back.
Is the date and location set?
What is the cost of a table?
What are the room rates at the host hotel?

There is also a Facebook page for the event.

campzeke

This was copied from the 2nd Annual FLGAPG Facebook page. If you would like to help, Please send Michelle a PM or an email at the address below.

The FLGAPG will be held in 49 days and I need some of you out there, if you would, to donate something for the door prizes! This is an opportunity to get your name mentioned and your work seen at the gathering as well, and maybe get you some more business from other turners! If you will donate, PLEASE do the following:
1. Send me a quick email advising the donation, FLGAPG@gmail.com
2. I will respond with an address to mail the item(s)
3. Include a business card or two (or three, lol) so we can display at the gathering for all to see.
4. Sit back and smile because you are AWESOME!
Donations can be blanks of any type, kits, tools, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom