25 Years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Looking for opinions on a hypothetical situation.

There's a couple that has an impending 25th wedding anniversary.
They want to get the Bride a new wedding ring set, an upgrade.

What would be your dollar limit, if there is one?
Or, would you do something else, or in addition to the rings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I guess it all depends on the depth of your pockets.
My wife and I celebrate only the big ones, every five years and save money for them between them. 20th was Pisa, Italy, 25th was Statue of Liberty, US, 30th was Sydney, Australia. We coincide our annual hols at the same time.
I think 25 is a really big one. Of course, its Silver traditionally...so I wouldn't change gold wedding bands for that one.

You'll figure it out....:biggrin:
Just remember.......A happy wife is a happy life..

JimB

I would make sure the Bride WANTS a new wedding ring set. The value of a wedding ring is not measured in $, the value is measured in what it represents.

Terredax

Banned
I don't think the concern is traditional, but more of a longevity recognition.
The Bride would like to have a new set of rings, and at the same time, wants an upgrade.
Most people, when they get married, have next to nothing and they get only what they can afford. After 25 years, people usually have a grip on life and can afford better items. So although the representation of the ring isn't about the price, the price is still a big consideration. Some people actually use a percentage of their income to determine what they spend on a wedding set.

I was curious what others would choose to do, as the hypothetical has become reality.
I gave my advice, and the rings have been ordered. I can't say I would have spent as much, but it wasn't my checkbook.

sbwertz

I would make sure the Bride WANTS a new wedding ring set. The value of a wedding ring is not measured in $, the value is measured in what it represents.

Fifty six years ago, my husband and I were both in the Army when we married. I was making a whopping 99 dollars a month and he was making 86. I think my plain gold band was $10 and his was $15. I wouldn't trade that little gold band for a diamond solitaire.

Woodchipper

My wife had her engagement ring reset with two diamonds from her earrings I got her for a wedding present 46 years and one month ago. 25 years? They are still in the honeymoon stage.
Saw a video interview of a couple that had been married 80 years. He was 104 and she was 102! Anyone match that?

Top Bottom