2018 MPG Demonstrators Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The 2018 Midwest Penturner's Gathering (MPG) is six months away, and the Committee has been busy doing the preliminary planning chores.

I have several demos all lined up, but more volunteers are needed as we are expanding the event to a 3 day schedule: Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday a half day.

We also are hoping to expand the "Hands On" small group tutorials, so it will be a busy few days.

If anyone can do a demo, or assist with the Hands On sessions, send me a PM with the topic, the venue (full demo for the main room, or a Hands On small group demo) and your preference for day (Friday, Sat, Sun).

I also have a long list of topics if suggestions are needed.

The tentative schedule is for the Opening Session at 3:00 PM Friday, and to Close at 3:00 PM on Sunday.

I'll try to coordinate the sessions to avoid overlap on topics, and we are very interested in adding some non-pen sessions.

Let's continue the great tradition of the MPG!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I went to reserve a room for that weekend and the motel is all filled up for that weekend. Is there a block of rooms reserved for this event? If not would anyone recommend one of the other motels in town?

Seven

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I went to reserve a room for that weekend and the motel is all filled up for that weekend. Is there a block of rooms reserved for this event? If not would anyone recommend one of the other motels in town?

Seven

Hi Duane, Yes (Not my area of chores), in the past there have been a block of (I believe) 40 rooms reserved. I may be wrong, but online reservations may not recognize a request for an MPG room, so you may want to try calling direct. As we have a predetermined rate, it should not matter or compete with any online reservation.

Magicbob handles the hotel, and this was all set up earlier this year. He is at a tool show all day today.

PM him or I if you have any issues and we'll assist.

Mark

studioseven

Thanks Mark. I called the hotel and was able to make a reservation. They said I was the first. On a related note, I grew up in the south and have a fondness for Waffle Houses. There is one not to far from Wadsworth. That should be extra incentive for more turners to come.

Seven

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Thanks Mark. I called the hotel and was able to make a reservation. They said I was the first. On a related note, I grew up in the south and have a fondness for Waffle Houses. There is one not to far from Wadsworth. That should be extra incentive for more turners to come.

Seven

UMMMM Sausage Egg & Cheese Texas Melt, Hashbrowns scattered, covered, chunked, country :wink:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

Seven

Did you say smothered,covered, and chunked!!! I love Waffle House!!

Top Bottom