2018 MPG Demonstrators Needed - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 331

Default 2018 MPG Demonstrators Needed

The 2018 Midwest Penturner's Gathering (MPG) is six months away, and the Committee has been busy doing the preliminary planning chores.

I have several demos all lined up, but more volunteers are needed as we are expanding the event to a 3 day schedule: Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday a half day.

We also are hoping to expand the "Hands On" small group tutorials, so it will be a busy few days.

If anyone can do a demo, or assist with the Hands On sessions, send me a PM with the topic, the venue (full demo for the main room, or a Hands On small group demo) and your preference for day (Friday, Sat, Sun).

I also have a long list of topics if suggestions are needed.

The tentative schedule is for the Opening Session at 3:00 PM Friday, and to Close at 3:00 PM on Sunday.

I'll try to coordinate the sessions to avoid overlap on topics, and we are very interested in adding some non-pen sessions.

Let's continue the great tradition of the MPG!
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Like the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for all current information!
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bump.
Like the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for all current information!
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I went to reserve a room for that weekend and the motel is all filled up for that weekend. Is there a block of rooms reserved for this event? If not would anyone recommend one of the other motels in town?

Seven
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioseven View Post
I went to reserve a room for that weekend and the motel is all filled up for that weekend. Is there a block of rooms reserved for this event? If not would anyone recommend one of the other motels in town?

Seven
Hi Duane, Yes (Not my area of chores), in the past there have been a block of (I believe) 40 rooms reserved. I may be wrong, but online reservations may not recognize a request for an MPG room, so you may want to try calling direct. As we have a predetermined rate, it should not matter or compete with any online reservation.

Magicbob handles the hotel, and this was all set up earlier this year. He is at a tool show all day today.

PM him or I if you have any issues and we'll assist.

Mark
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Thanks Mark. I called the hotel and was able to make a reservation. They said I was the first. On a related note, I grew up in the south and have a fondness for Waffle Houses. There is one not to far from Wadsworth. That should be extra incentive for more turners to come.

Seven
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager
Emeritus

Photos: 131

Quote:
Thanks Mark. I called the hotel and was able to make a reservation. They said I was the first. On a related note, I grew up in the south and have a fondness for Waffle Houses. There is one not to far from Wadsworth. That should be extra incentive for more turners to come.

Seven
UMMMM Sausage Egg & Cheese Texas Melt, Hashbrowns scattered, covered, chunked, country
Comfort Inn & Suites
5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, OH
mbroberg is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 51

Quote:

Seven
Did you say smothered,covered, and chunked!!! I love Waffle House!!

Check out my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KYLOGJAMMIN/
EBorraga is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads