2017 Bash Mug Number Reservations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2016 Bash, the anniversary mugs were numbered, and we took reservations for a week or so prior to the sale. We're going to do the same thing this year, but allowing more time for reservations.

Within the next couple of days, a reservation thread will be posted, but will remain locked until 9am Eastern Time on January 2. At that time, the thread will be unlocked and you can reserve a number if you wish. We'll accept reservations through January 18, and the sale will open the next day.

Demand slightly exceeded supply last year, so I increased the quantity of mugs to 150. A photo of the mug will be posted in the reservation thread. They have arrived at IAP HQ, and I'm pleased with how they came out.

Just FYI while I have your attention, we'll have a second mug (not numbered) this year, but no desk cups. We'll also have t-shirts (including a small quantity with pockets, just to see if there's interest...), an engraved pint glass, car stickers, and a can/bottle koozie. Quantities of everything are calculated to sell out by the end of the Bash, based on prior year demand. We don't generally have much left over, so when we open the sale, be ready to pounce!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Where's the actual store at Jeff? I've been wanting to purchase some IAP items, but I can't seem to locate it.

Logo items are generally available only during the anniversary bash in February.

Occasionally I'll offer leftover or overstock items.

Links to the shopping cart will be conspicuously posted beginning Jan 19.

(We previously offered "standard" logo items during the year through a few of our vendors, but the low demand made it more trouble than it was worth. So we limit sales now to the anniversary logo items during the Bash.)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Checking to see how much I have hidden away from the wife.
I am in on this year.

Any Hats this time Jeff?

Sorry, Wayne no hats this year. It was the least popular choice in the item poll I did a while back, so I decided against it. Perhaps later in the year.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Mr Brown sir....:tongue:

What time is Jan 2nd 9am Eastern Time in proper GMT :confused::biggrin:
Am I gonna have to set my alarm for stupid-o-clock in the morning or something?:biggrin:
Will all numbers be available or are you hanging on to some for the overpaid staff???:biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Am I gonna have to set my alarm for stupid-o-clock in the morning or something?:biggrin:
Will all numbers be available or are you hanging on to some for the overpaid staff???:biggrin:

If my calculation is correct, that will be a very convenient 2pm. Two hours before afternoon tea, I believe. It occurs to me that it may not be a very convenient time for those of us unfortunate enough to have a job, so I may rethink that day and time. Jan 1 may be a good alternative.

Yes, there will be a few reservations. At least #1 and #150 are reserved for auction or the IAP Mug Archives, and for the first time in the 9 years we've been getting these mugs, one arrived broken; #58.

There is a managers' item this year, and a set of two will be offered for auction, and two will be a prize in the Donation Drawing. Because I like to keep the managers item under wraps until I ship it to them, I'll only say that it has a special logo and is a liquid-tight vessel of 16 ounce capacity.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

Can we get a link to last years numbers so we can get Skip's before he wakes up from his nap?:biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to push back the time this reservation thread will open until 6:30pm US Eastern time on Jan 2 in order to provide the widest opportunity for members in various time zones to participate.

Last edited:

Herb G

Can you give us the cost of the mugs?
And, are the non numbered mugs cheaper than the numbered mugs?

One thing I don't understand. When the thread is opened for the mugs, do you post what number mug you'd like? Or is there something else we have to do? Thanks for any info.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give us the cost of the mugs?
And, are the non numbered mugs cheaper than the numbered mugs?

One thing I don't understand. When the thread is opened for the mugs, do you post what number mug you'd like? Or is there something else we have to do? Thanks for any info.

The non-numbered mugs are the same.

You post the number mug you'd like. Then when the sale opens on Jan 19, you buy a mug and that's the number you get. It's a reservation only, not a commitment.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, will the engraved pint glassware have the same logo as the mugs and what will be the cost?

The engraving was slightly tweaked to make the engraving look better. The lat/lon lines inside the globe were removed.

Price has not been set yet. The glasses will be an add-on to the mug purchase as in prior years.

Top Bottom