2016 NWA Showcase and Totally Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The nesting burl bowl set is awesome! The pottery-looking pieces are really interesting, too.

The toothpick stuff blows my mind. That is a lot of toothpicks!

The nesting burl bowl was amazing! How that many close-matched pieces came from a coring system is awesome - this is why it was developed!.

There was an entire exhibit of Star Wars Images done in toothpicks... Not my favorite medium (toothpicks), but a favorite subject!!!, and I can appreciate the effort involve!!! Very impressive.

A very cool conference.:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm gonna have to stop referring to myself as a wood worker and start calling myself a wood abuser.

Ok... But a fair amount of folks wanted to play with your pen Dale, just to see if they could get the grains to match up... And I got scolded several (two) times for opening the case and letting them handle/play/fondle/abuse your pen! I did apologize for ignoring the rules: "Do Not Touch." But I thought that was a suggestion :eek: !!!

Inspector Clouseau said..."If I let you to allow folks to pick up your stuff...they will want to pick up Binh Pho's stuff..." I was not sure what the problem was... Dale vs Binh Pho???

Yea, a lot of fun!

duncsuss

The nesting burl bowl set is awesome!

Truly amazing -- none of the folks in my group could believe how tight she made those cores.

After deducting the thickness of the kerf, there was almost nothing else removed, maybe one or two light passes with a gouge and sand it.

duncsuss

Inspector Clouseau said..."If I let you to allow folks to pick up your stuff...they will want to pick up Binh Pho's stuff..."

Sorry if I got you into trouble there, Mark.

I couldn't resist baiting the authorities -- took my pen out of my pocket and held it over the glass as if I was touching one of the exhibits, sure enough she came scurrying over to scold us. She didn't look nearly as amused as I was.

Dale Lynch

I'm gonna have to stop referring to myself as a wood worker and start calling myself a wood abuser.

Ok... But a fair amount of folks wanted to play with your pen Dale, just to see if they could get the grains to match up... And I got scolded several (two) times for opening the case and letting them handle/play/fondle/abuse your pen! I did apologize for ignoring the rules: "Do Not Touch." But I thought that was a suggestion :eek: !!!

Inspector Clouseau said..."If I let you to allow folks to pick up your stuff...they will want to pick up Binh Pho's stuff..." I was not sure what the problem was... Dale vs Binh Pho???

Yea, a lot of fun!

That is both suprising and encouraging that it wasen't invisable sorrounded by all the artistry.What have the people who have handled it thought?likes dislikes?

jttheclockman

This post made my day.:):):):) I can spend days in exhibits like that because i like it all. From the scroll saw work and the intarsia to the grandfather clocks and all the furniture with the string inlays. All the turning pieces and the art work was amazing. The toothpick work is truely amazing. It is the craftsmanship and talent and ideas that is truely amazing and I can appreciate every item there because i have somewhat of an understanding of what goes into it. To see all this talent in one show is truely mind numbing. As I said they would have had to kick me out of there. Then the vendors and there was some nice timber there that I would have been walking out with. Looked through all these photos a couple times and every time i see something different.

Yes the pens were nice but I have seen them enough times already but it is good to see them entered in a show of that caliber. The IAP was well represented.

Excellent job with the photos to capture the many different art forms. Man I love that stuff. Thanks a ton for showing the photos. Made my day. :):)

Top Bottom