2016 Difficult Pen Bites Back (NSFW)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

:eek:Hey all,

You may not remember but back in February I entered this pen in the IAP Difficult Pen To Write With Pen Contest:

Well, I got some flak from a certain member who shall remain nameless (Brian G) about my pen being not being a worthy entry in the contest.

But just a few weeks after the contest, I was using my pen to write a check when it slipped from my grip and bounded across my wrist. This is the result:

A trip to the Urgency Room and 5 stitches :eek:

You see, Brian. Looks can be deceiving!:mad:

attachment.php

Actually, I did get 5 stitches in my wrist but it wasn't because if the pen. I was pulling some electrical wire in my basement and cut my wrist on some metal strapping. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my afternoon....

Attachments

• stitches.jpg
    stitches.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 2,661
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Doug, That will teach ya to be carefull.

Actually, I hope you also got a tetanus shot. We don't need to loose such a gifted member to something as simple as pulling some wiring. You know that you only had to ask for help. Of course I can already hear that reply......"I have done this so many times before. Who would have thought I would slip up and cut myself."

Keep smiling buddy. Glad you are alright and it was only 5 and not 25!

sbwertz

I've found if you use a thin layer of Kleenex with the CA it makes a nice waterproof bandage that lasts several days, even through showering and dish washing. I just put on a little thin CA, then place a small piece of tissue, and another drop or two of CA. DON'T USE ACCELERATOR!

Last edited:
Top Bottom