2012 Australia Day PEN SWAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawdust Maker

Good evening

I have once again been press ganged into organising the Australia Day Pen Swap on the Aussie Forum (at woodworkforums.com) Here

You are all cordially invited to join in. If you wish to participate, please come on down and sign up. Registration is open till January 25 Midnight Sydney time. Drawing is at 9 AM (again Sydney time) in Australia on the 26th.

You must be a member of the Aussie forum to participate. It's easy to join, I did :biggrin:.

I know my fellow aussie penmakers would love to have some or a lot of our North American cousins join in, so please do

Cheers

PS
A very happy festive season to you all

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good going Frank. I've received 3 nice pens and, some sweet blanks from the past Aussie Day swaps. Actually, I received 4 nice pens. Fred Brunings (BigShed) sent a pair of them.

Mr Vic

This will be my third Aussie Day Swap..They've been great. For those wondering it only cost about $11 to ship the small flat rate box to Australia...

cwolfs69

Good evening

I have once again been press ganged into organising the Australia Day Pen Swap on the Aussie Forum (at woodworkforums.com) Here

You are all cordially invited to join in. If you wish to participate, please come on down and sign up. Registration is open till January 25 Midnight Sydney time. Drawing is at 9 AM (again Sydney time) in Australia on the 26th.

You must be a member of the Aussie forum to participate. It's easy to join, I did :biggrin:.

I know my fellow aussie penmakers would love to have some or a lot of our North American cousins join in, so please do

Cheers

PS
A very happy festive season to you all

just signed up nick. thanks for your hard work. looking forward to aussie pen.

Wrens&Pens

This is my second year. Last year I signed up for 3 overseas and 2 in the USA
Outstanding guys and swaps all around. Also to mention you can do a pen blank swap also if the other is willing.
Arlin

Sawdust Maker

another reminder

It's good to see you all signed up :)

Chuck, have you got that camino going yet?:tongue: or should I say, painted?

Just another reminder less than three weeks, tell your mates to join in

cheers

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

cheers
Yep, it's painted.:rolleyes: Gotta get the chrome and, door panels back on yet. Have a look! Thanks Nick!

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 57

Sawdust Maker

cheers
Yep, it's painted.:rolleyes: Gotta get the chrome and, door panels back on yet. Have a look! Thanks Nick!

Looks good
can I borrow it on the weekend? I need to pick up some wood :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

cheers

Looks good
can I borrow it on the weekend? I need to pick up some wood :biggrin:
Sure Nick.....where exactly is this wood located?:confused::biggrin:

Sawdust Maker

Less than a week to go

Gidday all

just a little reminder that there is only a little time left to signup for this swap

I'll be doing the matchup/partnering draw at about 8am Sydney time on 26 January (which is about 3 pm 25 January in Minneapolis) but don't look before about 4 pm because I'll start a new thread at 9am (If I remember, I'll place a link here to that thread)

Anyway you can join here

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
LOL...:biggrin: I like your way of thinking Nick. In fact, I just bought a 650cfm Holley carburetor and, aluminum high rise intake for the Goodwrench 350 It might do OK in the 1/4 mile. Would it be alright if I come along? :biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks like I drew Nick (Sawdust Maker):biggrin: Man i'm gonna have to make something top notch, so I can be invited back next year.

AuS MaDDoG

Hey All,

Pm's sent to both my Partners being Peter (USNR'03) and Alexander (Vallealbert) Keen to get the Pens I mean the ball rolling fellas.
Pm me on the Aussie forum's guys or drop me an email.

Cheers and have a great day and I look forward to catching up with you both.

Cheers
Tony.

melski

I'm in and have a pen and blanks to ship. What is the best way to ship to Australia? Anything special in the way of paperwork?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm in and have a pen and blanks to ship. What is the best way to ship to Australia? Anything special in the way of paperwork?
Yes, if you go to the post office, be prepared to spend some time filling out the customs form. Doesn't take too long. And take some $$$ with you. It's really no big deal.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Import restrictions ....

Yes, if you go to the post office, be prepared to spend some time filling out the customs form. Doesn't take too long. And take some $$$ with you. It's really no big deal.
If you plan on sending wood, make sure you look into what you might need to do. I have not had confirmed yet but I did read where there are some hoops you need to jump through on preparing wood blanks to go in.

firewhatfire

I have no idea what the wood i or what most of the blanks are that he sent. I only recognized 2 names on the blanks. What is Waddy wood? The pen I recieved is a Jr Gent FP with one of those unknown woods on it. I am truly pleased to get this package as I enjoy getting blanks as much as pens. Some day I will turn all of the blanks I have gotten or go broke trying. Thanks
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...IETRADE003.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...IETRADE002.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...IETRADE001.jpg
progress.gif

Top Bottom