1900 pounds of plastic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Today, we disposed of just under 1,900 lbs. of solid surface shavings, dust, and tiny scraps.
There is a local small company that is re-purposing the material into outdoor furniture. In exchange for the scrap, we will be receiving a set of four chairs(2 swivel rockers) and a tall table.

There is also another company not far from us, that makes furniture, along with many other items, from old milk jugs. They have several different colors.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Shaw Industries in GA uses recycled plastics to make carpet yarn. Sounds like you got a good deal!

We were mostly happy to get rid of it and to have a place for future waste to go. It's nice that it's being recycled rather than filling a spot in the ground.

KBs Pensnmore

We have a company down under, that recycles printer and inkjet cartridges, into garden bed edging, which in turn, I make into Pens, black body with bits of colour in them, red, blue, white, sometimes a bit of copper or Aluminum come to light. Only problem is that they require a lot of CA to give a nice finish. Made 110 of them back in 2011, now am allergic to the stuff, just a whiff of it and my nose runs, and I get a dry cough.:frown:
Will see if I can find a blank of it, and a finished one to show.
Kryn

Top Bottom