Votes: 69 62.7%
  • Enter the Logo Contest?

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It's about that time of year. The 2019 Bash is just a few months away. For anyone not familiar, that's the event we conduct here every February to celebrate our creation in 2004.

Along with lots of fun, this is a fundraising opportunity for us. We sell mugs and t-shirts with our logo. We'll be starting our logo design contest soon here as well.

I run a poll every year to help me gauge interest and demand for our products.

Please vote in the poll if you would probably:

Buy a mug ($35 plus shipping)
Buy a t-shirt ($12-16 plus shipping)
Enter the logo design contest

Thanks for voting and please comment in this thread if you have something to add.

A few notes: (1) Mugs will likely not be numbered this year. (2) T-Shirts will likely be short sleeve, no pocket, with the 2019 logo on the back and a smaller logo on the front upper chest area.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I will definitely buy a mug, and a long sleeve 100% cotton t shirt if offered.

jttheclockman

As always I will buy a mug and a couple Tee shirts. Have to say this is a great way to show support for this great forum.

Someplace on here there is the story of how this site came about and is a good one. If I find it i will post a link but if someone else beats me to it please post. Basically a couple of people had a vision back in 2004 and with their efforts and hard work we have what we have today. This site has grown in leaps and bounds over the years. The artistry of taking a simple 3/4" X 5" blank and making it into something special has come a long way. The journey is just beginning because I believe there is so much more to come into play. This site has grown in numbers and yes many have just made a cameo appearance but there are those that stood the test of time and you know who you are. Over those 15 years many people have shared their thoughts, prayers, experiences, and knowledge. Much of this knowledge is spread throughout the many pages of this fine forum as well as the infamous Library here watched over by a man that gets little accolades but surely does deserve to take a bow, Wayne Racinowski.

As the forum grew Jeff has added many new forums and even added a Vendors forum which many people have taken advantage and this alone is an example to support this site. A simple donation and get a token that has meaning and is usable is something other sites do not do. This year marks a round number milestone which to me makes it special. Hopefully many will take part in the festivities and join the fun. Chance to show off your skills in all the contests. I could go on but I think you get the picture, so from a long time member please take note and help this forum continue with support and with your presence. And thank you Jeff for making us all proud to be members and keep up the great work. I am sure many more new and exciting things will emerge as we continue on. :):drink::good:

bmac

Have always bought the coffee mugs, but the wife has started fussing about all the mugs. Really liked the glass beer glasses that were offered one year. Was only able to get one and would like to have a set of them. Maybe an option again??

Bobby
Louisiana

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Have always bought the coffee mugs, but the wife has started fussing about all the mugs. Really liked the glass beer glasses that were offered one year. Was only able to get one and would like to have a set of them. Maybe an option again??

Bobby
Louisiana

I know the feeling of too many mugs! I'm thinking that perhaps a smaller quantity of mugs, and some silkscreened or etched glassware, such as the pint glasses we had a couple years ago. A stoneware pint is available, as are bowls.

MRDucks2

I know I am pretty new, Jeff, but maybe if you look back at the most popular premium items folks have purchased over the years and used them in a regular rotation it would be both beneficial and easier to manage. Say a 3 year rotation be a coffee cup, a pint glass and ???

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

The thing with doing away with mugs is that there are people here that collect them. Maybe there is no value to them but it becomes an addiction. Just like people who collect beer steins such as Budweiser mugs. They do not drink from them but are collectable.

Maybe a vote each year to see what membership wants.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yep, I agree with JT, I'm one of those that simply collect the mugs. I'd be gutted if I missed out on one of those.

I didn't know you actually had that many left over each year to make it a concern.

You also absolutely HAVE to have window stickers this Bash.....My first one went back when I got a new work pick up.....and my second one was on my current pick up.....check out the pic. Some S.O.B decided he wanted my tools more than I did...:frown:

Attachments

• Navara IAP.jpg
    Navara IAP.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 202
R

requal

I see the logo contest as a waste of time.
There are professional graphics designers that show up at the time of the contest, and win. Then they accept their prize and disappear for another year.
Before entering ANY contests, the member should have to be active for at least six months prior to the contest, and not a post or two in that time.

Or just hire a professional designer for the logo and get it over with.
People put a lot of effort into making a logo in hopes of having a chance, and it just being a dream. Maybe it set-up from the start. The same person has won it two years in a row, with very similar designs. Hmmm.

jttheclockman

There are professional graphics designers that show up at the time of the contest, and win. Then they accept their prize and disappear for another year.
Before entering ANY contests, the member should have to be active for at least six months prior to the contest, and not a post or two in that time.

People put a lot of effort into making a logo in hopes of having a chance, and it just being a dream. Maybe it set-up from the start. The same person has won it two years in a row, with very similar designs. Hmmm.

Have you looked at other contests and checked the winners out there. No I will not mention them.:wink:

Brian G

I know the feeling of too many mugs! I'm thinking that perhaps a smaller quantity of mugs, and some silkscreened or etched glassware, such as the pint glasses we had a couple years ago. A stoneware pint is available, as are bowls.

I would buy another pint glass like the last one, for sure. A stoneware pint is intriguing, but I think I'd rather go with clear glass.

I have enough mugs, but if that was the only option, then I'd still buy a mug.

I really like the beer stein from a few years ago. It's my go-to for coffee on the weekend. Fewer trips between the easy chair and the coffee pot. :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

"A set-up from the start" ? Please elaborate on your accusation. What exactly would constitute a set-up? Who specifically are you suggesting is the dishonest one? Me?

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I agree with JT, I'm one of those that simply collect the mugs. I'd be gutted if I missed out on one of those.

I didn't know you actually had that many left over each year to make it a concern.

You also absolutely HAVE to have window stickers this Bash.....My first one went back when I got a new work pick up.....and my second one was on my current pick up.....check out the pic. Some S.O.B decided he wanted my tools more than I did...:frown:

There are never any left over, but my own mug cabinet is FULL!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

You do realize the winner is picked by the membership with a "popular vote" format. Is it possible that the person who wins repeatedly is more "in touch" with what will appeal to the broadest spectrum of people?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I personally prefer the fact that folks who have a particular high level of skills in an area to enter any of the contests; and I would expect that they would do well. With open voting, its a fair vote.

The point that some members participate in the contests and less in the weekly banter may be overlooking that that member was very active at some time, and has contributed quite a bit to the knowledge-base of IAP. (This is a strength of IAP in my opinion: I can dig up conversations from years ago, re-read points on that topic, and learn from what others have contributed in the past).

Oh, both mug and t-shirt for me. :wink:

MDWine

I'm always up for throwing cash at IAP, so I am in for the mug and at least 1 shirt, probably 2!

I would like to ask one thing, put the logo on the side that shows when I drink with the cup in my right hand... I wanna show the logo off!! lol... don't matter much, I'll get one anyway.

My thanks to Jeff especially, and all the others that keep the boat afloat.

gimpy

I'm in for 2 shirts Size ?? 2xl or 3xl. Mug . I'd be up for a set of 4 beer (pint) classes

Personal note: there are a lot of folks who put a lot of their personal time and effort to making this forum to work. I for one APPRECIATE what others do to make it work.

Thank you ALL

stuckinohio

I'll buy a mug (would like it if they were numbered, but I get it) and I have to say this:

I wish the T-shirts would have pockets!!!!!! Didn't buy one last year because of the no pocket option. Not sure I'll buy one this year either due to that.

LouCee

You do realize the winner is picked by the membership with a "popular vote" format. Is it possible that the person who wins repeatedly is more "in touch" with what will appeal to the broadest spectrum of people?

I like that you pointed out the "popular vote", no electoral college here. Apparently requal only shares negative opinions, he's posted twice and both were negative.

I would like to see pint glasses again, I'm still enjoying the one I got a couple of years ago!

Attachments

• IAP glass.jpg
    IAP glass.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 137

darrin1200

I absolutely want a Coffee mug and a T-shirt. I would prefer a pocket on the T-shirt.
I would also grab a beer glass if they were available again. My current IAP beer mug is getting a little over worked.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I'm thinking might be a good diversion from the usual coffee mug.
It's a 16 ounce pint stoneware stein. Some pics of various colors, plus one with a logo.

BM5_G50.png BM5_G12.png BM5_G3.png BM5_G42_Mississippi-1.png

Thoughts?

CREID

I would prefer something with a handle. After my carpal tunnel surgery I never got everything back.

TonyL

Those are very nice. I would buy one, but be reluctant to put anything hot in it (and I don't "drink"). I may use it to store some pens. They are good-looking.

darrin1200

They are nice glasses, but my preference for the Bash Mug, is the more traditional 12oz coffee mug.

The stein might be a nice option/alternative to the beer glass, which I do hope returns.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom