Votes: 13 8.7%

Votes: 12 8.0%

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK pen friends, here we go with the SEMI-FINAL of voting for the 13th Anniversary Logo!

The objective here is to select the three logos which will compete in the final round (see note below.) This is a multiple choice semi-final round of voting to whittle us down to 3 candidates who will move on to the final round.

A BIG THANKS to all who entered. We appreciate your time and effort to create these great logos.

The top 3 entries will advance to the final round. Vote for up to 3 entries. (See note below.) The voting will end 7 days after this post is made.

PLEASE VOTE FOR NO MORE THAN 3 ENTRIES!!

NOTE: See the original contest announcement for rules. Note this change from the original rules: In the event that two entries from the same person are in the top three, only the entry with the highest vote count will advance. In other words, only one entry from any person will be in the final vote.

1.) 1.JPG 2.) 2.jpg 3.) 3.jpg

4.) 4.jpg 5.) 5.jpg 6.) 6.jpg

7.) 7.JPG 8.) 8.jpg 9.) 9.jpg

10.) 10.jpg 11.) 11.jpg 12.) 12.jpg

13.) 13.jpg 14.) 14.jpg 15.) 15.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I say it is a nice accomplishment for this site to be around this long and see how this site has grown over the years. I have been fortunate enough to be here for most of the evolution. Good job by all the entrants and good luck to all.

CREID

This was so stressful, I didn't even get a voter's pamphlet in the mail. Glad it's over but were going to have to vote again soon.:eek:

darrin1200

I have done my voting.

However, I would like to express my dislike of the rule change regarding multiple entries. We are here voting on a logo, not an individual. It is unfair to the people that voted for a logo to have it arbitrarily dismissed, just bcause that person made two entries. At least with the first version of the rule, the true top 3 went forward, as well as giving representation to three different members. The most entries we could possibly vote on would be 5, and I don't think that is to difficult.

In the end, "There can be only one!"

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have done my voting.

However, I would like to express my dislike of the rule change regarding multiple entries. We are here voting on a logo, not an individual. It is unfair to the people that voted for a logo to have it arbitrarily dismissed, just bcause that person made two entries. At least with the first version of the rule, the true top 3 went forward, as well as giving representation to three different members. The most entries we could possibly vote on would be 5, and I don't think that is to difficult.

In the end, "There can be only one!"

I don't mean to be a flip flopper, but if enough people agree with you, we can change it.

My thinking was that two very similar logos would very likely split the votes that could have gone to just one, possibly both losing to the third one. One might think that having two logos increases one's chances, but the opposite could easily be true. If I had two logos in the final, I'd ask to withdraw one, giving my remaining one more potential votes.

Let's cross this bridge if necessary after the vote.

Next year, one entry per person. :biggrin:

jttheclockman

Jeff in this case it really does not matter to me but as a side note we have this situation in the Pen stand and pen box competition or at least in the last event. You were allowed more than one entry. Not sure if there were other catagories too. It gives the person who took the time to enter a better chance of winning. He or she may have a few ideas in their heads and can not decide which to enter. In the end there is always just one winner. Maybe change the rules to allow 2 versions. If each person did that then the odds are right back to even. If they choose not to then they also know what the odds are. Just food for thought.:)

Herb G

Not to nit pick, but image #4 technically doesn't say the 13th anniversary.
It just says 13.

That aside, they are nice images. I wish I could draw.
Or at least use a drawing software package. :)

Terredax

Banned
I was just wondering if this is normal.

It shows that there are 23,287 members. In 13 years, I'm sure many have given up pens for some reason. There are probably some that only join to see the photos to either enjoy the artistry or just copy for personal gain. So assuming that there are at least 25% of members that still visit, that would be 5,822 people left to vote. There have only been 116 votes at the time of this post.

I'm guessing that only about half of those votes are from the active and participating members.
So where are all of the other votes? Even if a member doesn't want to post, they could still make a vote for the use of the knowledge available here.

Is this normal for the contest?

Top Bottom