Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Fame, Wealth, Power, SUCCESS!!
WILL ALL BE YOURS IF YOU WIN THE
13 Anniversary Logo Contest!!

$250 Prize

Enter via email (see below) by Sunday, Oct 23, 2016.

Yes, it's already that time again! Welcome to what has become a very fun yearly event at the IAP: Our Anniversary Logo Design Contest. YOU design it, and the membership votes on it. The logo ends up on our Donation Drawing coffee mug, and graces the front page at our site during the Bash.

We're looking for logos which:

• have clean, simple lines in black and white
  • have elements of pens, the IAP, penmaking, etc.
  • likely contains the number "13" or "XIII", or the word "thirteen", "thirteenth", "bakers dozen", or some other commonly recognized symbol for 13. You get the idea.
  • likely has some reference to our anniversary. Such as the phrase "13th Anniversary", or "13 Years of Penmaking", or some other indication that we are commemorating another year of existence.
  • have an aspect ratio no greater than 1.75:1 (The larger dimension no more than 1.75 times the smaller dimension.)
You MAY (as the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 logos did) incorporate the IAP logo into your submission. For your convenience, HERE is the vector file of our logo.

EDIT: A "simplified" version of our logo is available. It's the one we use for embroidery and it has fewer lines inside the oval. You are welcome to use that one instead of the "standard" version linked above.

The Contest

Entries will be accepted until approximately midnight US Eastern time on October 23, 2016.

If more than 15 submissions are received, we will have a preliminary 5-day round of voting to select the top 15 logos. Then we'll have two rounds of member voting; a 5-day semi-final round to select the top 3, and a 5-day final round to select the winner. If a preliminary round is not necessary, the semi-final and final voting periods will be extended to 7 days each.

The names of the members submitting entries will not be revealed until after the final voting. So, DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY ANYWHERE!!! Submit it by email as described below.

If you win, we may ask you to tweak your design somewhat to fit our needs, then it will become the official 13th anniversary IAP logo. It will appear on our annual run of limited edition coffee mugs, and other items we may choose to produce, and will be immortalized on the front page of our site for at least the month of February, 2017.

The Prize

The winner will receive:

• A $250 gift certificate to the IAP member-vendor of their choice OR a $250 gift certificate to Amazon.com, OR $250 cash delivered via PayPal.
  • Your choice of two of the items we produce with your logo. (Two mugs, a shirt and a mug, etc.)
Submitting Your Entry

DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY!!

• You may submit two entries.
  • There is no fee for entry.
  • Entries become the property of Penturners.org, LLC
  • Submit your entry by email to: logo13 ("at" penturners.org). Please put "2017 Logo Contest Entry" in the subject field of your email. I acknowledge all entries by replying to your submission email. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours of receipt, send me a PM. PLEASE include your IAP member name.
  • If you submit more than one entry, please send them in separate emails. Once you submit an entry, please don't send a revision in a later email. Make sure what you submit is your final entry.
  • Entries should be jpg images of your digitally created entry, at 800px in the largest dimension. (If you win, ideally we'd like your design in a vector file, but for the contest submission, a jpg is required.)
  • Only members of The IAP/penturners.org are eligible.
  • Sorry, members of the management team and moderators, you're not eligible!
Additional Information:

• The logo you submit will be voted upon exactly as you submit it. We won't do any cleanup or tweaking until after the winner is selected.
  • If your submission includes any elements which are not your own creation, you must have full rights to distribute the elements included with your design, as well as to convey ownership to Penturners.org, LLC.
  • The logos must be black and white, not gray scale or color. The reason for that is the design of the mugs, with the logo in clay relief, can accommodate only two "colors" (clay or no clay).
In case you're new and aren't familiar with our mugs, here are examples.

Contact me via PM, or post below if you have questions or concerns. (If you post, please don't quote this entire text!)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Jeff, does something like this count. LOL

Attachments

• Friday-the-13th-friday-the-13th-11733343-1024-768.jpg
    Friday-the-13th-friday-the-13th-11733343-1024-768.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 178

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
After two weeks, we've got just a few entries.

Get those creative juices flowing and submit your winning entry!

Herb G

I can see where my statement might be misconstrued now that I re-read it.
I didn't always want to draw my way out of a paper bag.
I always wanted to draw, but couldn't.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few days left to get those logos submitted!

If you have submitted a logo and have not received an email acknowledgment from me, let me know.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We've got some nice logos to vote on next week! Still time to get an entry submitted. I expect to get the first poll posted next Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Voting for the logo will start in a day or so.

We have 15 entries, so there will not be a preliminary round. Just a 7-day semifinal to select the top 3, and a 7-day final to select the winner.

Several people made two entries, and in a couple cases, both entries from the person are very similar. (We used to have a rule that required multiple entries to be very different, but that was hard to enforce so it was removed.) So, in the event that the preliminary voting results in two entries from one person being two of the three in the final, I'm going to add an additional entry to the final round so that we have three different people represented. I believe that's fair. Next year, I'll require that multiple entries from one person be "substantially different".

Top Bottom