0.5 mm Pencil kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

You can buy Pentel 0.5mm pencils at big-box stationery stores, and then redress them using material of your choice. The redressing process is not difficult, but does require fairly precise machining. It does require a special 'tapered' drill bit - but its fairly easy to make the required tool from a standard bit.

TonyL

I am looking for a pencil kit in black enamel that uses 0.5 mm lead. I have a
customer that would like the smaller lead size but I can only find 0.7mm kits
in black enamel.

I made a black/gun metal Gatsby for a client (and I was reluctant to do so). Between the mechanism and the .5mm lead. I had my doubts. The mechanism was fine, but that .5 lead is brittle. (which I am sure you know). Maybe the Gatsby that I mentioned wouldn't be a bad substitute. I also saw one of the larger shops come out with some black enamel kits, but don't remember which one or the lead diameter.

campzeke

Exotic Blanks sells a .5mm pencil cartridge that replaces a parker pen refill. May work for you.

KenV

Have done a bunch of Perfect Fit Convertible component sets and supplied them with both the ink refill and a Schmidt pencil mechanism. Good twist action pens

Get some pentel leads at the office store to go with the pencil mechanism. Cheap leads break a lot more than the pentel leads.

They come in 0.5 and 0.7 mm leads

Top Bottom