@#$#$$$!@^

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Actually no Ive never done or even thought about it. Thanks a million for putting the thought in my head. Now I have something else to look forward to

SteveG

Congratulations! You have taken the first step toward upgrading your sled...perhaps with an auxiliary stop to limit travel? :tongue:

Ohh, and do not forget the value to be found in recycling...:rolleyes:

And, as Skip mentioned, there is great value in being able to count to ten without taking off your shoes.:eek:

Last edited:

gtriever

No; but let's not talk about other table saw jigs or miter gauge fences. I have LOTS of experience with those things. :redface:

leehljp

Member Liaison
From the first time of ever making one, that idea was and is at the forefront of my mind, therefore I make reinforcements high enough that the blade, even at its highest will not come close to cutting either end in half.

I have a strong tendency to overbuild most of the things that I build. :eek: but it works.:)

Dale Allen

All is not lost. Time to made two pieces of wood for vertical fences.
Put the pieces back on the table and get out the hot melt glue.
Glue the fences front and back and after they are set, turn it over and put some screws in from the bottom. All better!

vtgaryw

It was a fairly small fixed angle sled I made for cutting 45's on small pieces. I was making a shadow box frame yesterday, and wanted to cut a wider piece up on edge, so I just grabbed that sled and raised the blade, not even thinking through the fact that by the time I got through the wood the sled would be cut in half.

I saved it by adding a new front and back piece. All is good, but it was one of those "oh, cr*p" moments.

Gary

Top Bottom