*&%$#*(@@$%#.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

please tell me who sells 6.4 X .5 MM tap for Bock pens. Classic nib is out of htem, Victor does not have them, Ace-Lowes, Home Depot, Virginia America, E Bay, Etsy, Amazon --- all do not have that size.

Where the heck are you guys finding these metric tap and die sets without having to refinance your house to afford them??:confused:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Hmmm ... 6.4 x .5mm ?? I can't seem to find that exact size mentioned...

Did a search and came up with SilverPenParts.com ...

Tap/Dies M6.5

There's some 6.5 x .5mm and a 6.4 x .6mm threading tools available through there.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If you mean 6.5x.5, silverpenparts.com has them. He does have the 6.4x.6 die and says he doesn't plan on ordering more when they run out.
Edit in: looks like Skie and I were typing at the same time.

Last edited:

Skie_M

Heh .... yeah, I'm sneaky like that, Monty ... :)

Also ... keep an eye out for Group Buys (see, Monty's the Group Buy Coordinator) and pick them up when you can ... it costs a pretty penny for a company to tool up just to make a SINGLE tap and die set, so when we do a group buy we try to order like 20 - 25 or more all at once and spread the savings around some .... :)

Skie_M

Hmm ... you sure you're reading that size right, John?

Everybody and their cousin (me included) cannot find a 6.4 x .5mm tap or die anywhere ...

And several sites I've seen list the measurements for the #5 Bock as 6.4 x .6mm... just wondering! :)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As Curly pointed out Beaufort Ink has them in stock. They are not a standard order item. Unless you find a used one you wont find a cheaper on at the moment.

Top Bottom