White Stripe Styrene Jr. Gent Pro V1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

Another attempt for vertical segmenting. Eight wedges of Wenga sandwich between white styrene (0.50 mm thick). The pen kit is Jr. Gent Pro V1.

I applied about 10 coats of Wood Turner Finish - wipe-on longitudinally, not dipping. I used a hair blower/dryer at medium heat to speed up the drying in between coat.

No buffing afterwards.

Thank you for looking.

Comments are welcome.

Click on thumbnail to see fullsize picture.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Another attempt for vertical segmenting. Eight wedges of Wenga sandwich between white styrene (0.50 mm thick).
Another nice striped pen, Branden!

Is Wenga wood the same as Wenge? It seems to be much blacker than I know Wenge to be!

What did you use to glue the styrene to the Wenga? And what was the diameter of the blank prior to turning it to size?

I'm still planning on duplicating your Panache design, too many other things getting in the way!

I thought you'd be on the golf course, not turning pens at this time of year!

ericofpendom

Very classy Branden, do the stripes always line up when capped or do you have to try a few times? How do you cut the very fine wedges?

Eric...

Haynie

Zoot Suit pen

No idea why but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Attachments

• zoot suit.jpg
    zoot suit.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,489

Penl8the

Hi Mack,

It is Wenge. I heard the pronounciation from someone in our local hardwood store as "Wengé", hence the other spelling.

Blacker ... I think it is because I saturated the blank with thin CA glue quite frequently while I was turning it. CA tends to intensify the colour.

Gluing ... I used medium CA to glue the styrene to the wenge stave.

Diameter ... I will measure it tonight.

Golfing ... it is almost a wash for this season (no pun intended). My home course was totally under water during the flood we had in Calgary at the end of June. They are still cleaning up the course. No ETA as to when the course is playable.

Is Wenga wood the same as Wenge? It seems to be much blacker than I know Wenge to be!

What did you use to glue the styrene to the Wenga? And what was the diameter of the blank prior to turning it to size?

I thought you'd be on the golf course, not turning pens at this time of year!

Penl8the

Top Bottom