Success ..... finally

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluesman

Well I finally was successful in getting this blanked turned.

After the gluing issue and the drilling failure, to a regluing failure to a lost chip, giving me a design opportunity. It's finally is done. Check out the "failure to launch" thread to catch its earlier life.

This was a test piece to see if I could do this but I think I have caught the segmenting bug.

thanks for all the comments it REALLY DID HELP.

thoughts and comments welcome.

Attachments

• 400   960x720.jpg
    400 960x720.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 396  920X720.jpg
    396 920X720.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 381
  • 398 920X720.jpg
    398 920X720.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

Wow Percy...way to keep battling..WELL worth it...am fighting the segmenting learning curve...looks like you have you're battle won:cool::cool:

BREATHTAKING...... now to prove it is real and holds together, make mine with maple wood and the acrylics, use blue on one, green on the other, I will report back once turned and polished.........BEAUTIFUL

bluesman

Wow Percy...way to keep battling..WELL worth it...am fighting the segmenting learning curve...looks like you have you're battle won:cool::cool:

The battle may be but it will take some time to see if I win the war. I was ready to throw the blank away a couple times but the people on the IAP kept giving me ideas about what to do next. So how could I not finish it.

This is how you learn. I broke so many segmented blanks it wasn't funny. Practice practice practice. You will get better and get new ideas.

bobleibo

I lost count of how many of my first attempts at segmenting ended up in the fireplace. It took me a long time but it finally came together and I'm glad I stuck with it. Based on your pics, I'm sure you are as well...nice job.

tim self

Somedays they stay together from start to finish. Others, fight you all along the way. No matter how many you've made. DAMHIKT

Top Bottom