Segmented blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

I made some segmented blanks for some simple slimlines for a possible placing in a local store. I want to have various price points starting with a plain slimline, a segmented slimline, a plain upgrade, a segmented upgrade, plain rollerball, and segmented rollerball, in mens and ladies, so that I can satisfy any taste that comes into the shop.

The first one is walnut with overlay scallops from oak and some red colored cutoff from another pen, maybe tulipwood.

The second is again walnut (I have a lot of walnut) with a lacewood cap (another cutoff) and interlocking scallops ala Mike.

These will be standard slimlines .... no mid-band hankie-pankie like my other stuff. I'll take some of those to the shop also but they will be more expensive since they are custom.

I am waiting to drill these blanks until my Nova G3 comes in, hopefully today.

In the mean time .... Turn it up all the way!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 532
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

Hi Kelly.
If you would drill your blanks on the lathe I will recommend, if you didn´t have, the Pen Plus Jaws from Nova. Details here:
NOVA 25mm (1") JAW SET
Greetings from AUSTRIA
Otto

G'Day Otto!

I got the pin jaw set. NOVA PIN JAW SET

I have heard that people use these also for blank drilling. have you tried these?
I just received my G3 yesterday but was busy so I couldn't give it a try. Plus, it's all gooped up with the shipping grease. Do you have a suggestion on what to use to clean it before I use it?

61op

Hi Kelly.
For removing the shipping grease I found this thread:

Removing shipping grease

To your question. I tried different jaws and found that Nova´s new jaws fit my requests best.
The benefit of these jaws, the blank does not have to be square because the two slots in the jaws gather irregularities auf the blank.
regards
otto

Top Bottom