A quick handful from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just messing about segmenting metal to PR. It took these four half-blanks to get the set-up dialed in so now I will do the same with some fancier segmenting.....tomorrow. I think I need new eyes....really struggling at the moment. :rolleyes:

The red / white are single 10mm spacing and the black / orange are double 5mm spacing.
6 compound cuts at 45 deg and 15 deg. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF2587.JPG
    DSCF2587.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 402
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just CA John, as always. I also ALWAYS wash glue surfaces with degreaser immediately prior to glueing. Never had a failure yet.......:wink:

magpens

Love those zigzags !!!! Well done !!!!

Did you use a CNC mill, with the workpiece mounted on a rotary table ?

Looks like you were using a 90 deg pointed cutter, and increasing the depth of cut at a rate of 15 deg from center to perimeter. Can't understand where the 45 deg comes in.

I'll think about it some more, but if you don't mind describing in a little more detail, I would appreciate that. Thanks

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Love those zigzags !!!! Well done !!!!

Did you use a CNC mill, with the workpiece mounted on a rotary table ?

Looks like you were using a 90 deg pointed cutter, and increasing the depth of cut at a rate of 15 deg from center to perimeter. Can't understand where the 45 deg comes in.

I'll think about it some more, but if you don't mind describing in a little more detail, I would appreciate that. Thanks

Mal, no CNC. I normally make these with a small router and my lathe to index.
Because I was using metal this time, I used my little mill. Yes, I used a rotary table to index.
The mill is tilted to 45 and the work is fed past the cutter at 15 deg.
Sounds more complex than it is......:wink:

Wowser. Great job.

Thanks Bob. Glad you are on the mend. My brother's name is also Bob Jackson!:wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom