Pinstripe Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

The blank is made up of twelve 30 degree curly maple segments (or wedges) and sandwiched by twelve pieces of black dyed veneer (not sure what kind of wood).

The wedge-veneer segments are wrapped around a small dowel for easy (CA) gluing. The pen kit is a Chrome Panache from Smitty37 (Results for PEN KITS:pANACHE KITS).

CA finished and polished with Novus 3, 2, and 1.

Thank you for looking.

Comments are welcome.

Click on thumbnail to see fullsize picture.

Pinstripe%20blank%20on%20rack%20(thn).jpg

Pinstripe%20blanks(thn)a.jpg

(edited ... hummm I think I have chosen the wrong forum - should have clicked on the Segmenting forum)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

You are correct this should be in the segmenting forum and rightfully so. I hope the mods can move this. That is a superb piece of work. I have a BOW blank sitting something like this but I used my router to acomplish the same thing basically. I like the black lines. This just opens up so many avenues for you. You have come upon the world of segmenting in a big way. I am hoping others are paying attention. We now have another legit member who loves segmenting and I know you are hooked.

Great job and thanks for showing and thanks for showing the blank as it was done. There is enough info there to tease people.:)

alphageek

Former Moderator
Excellent job on the segmenting and very nice finish on the pen too!!

I've done segmenting like that and its a TON of work to be sure your "on the money". Yours looks great!

Tom T

Looks great. Really nice pen. One more thing for me to strive for. Thank you for keeping us new people moving forward and upward.

You are correct this should be in the segmenting forum and rightfully so. I hope the mods can move this. That is a superb piece of work. I have a BOW blank sitting something like this but I used my router to acomplish the same thing basically. I like the black lines. This just opens up so many avenues for you. You have come upon the world of segmenting in a big way. I am hoping others are paying attention. We now have another legit member who loves segmenting and I know you are hooked.

Great job and thanks for showing and thanks for showing the blank as it was done. There is enough info there to tease people.:)

Yes! I am definatly teased. Must try it. But I can tell you. It want be my first segmenting. I'll build up to this. Thanks for sharing so much.

Top Bottom