oops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ltkrause

Guess I need to pay more attention when lining up the blank for drilling :bulgy-eyes:. This is now on display next to the drill press to remind me.

2013-06-19 18.50.29.jpg

Loren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Know that pain all too well. I made a lot of those learning how to manually line everything up without the luxury of a self-centering clamp. EVENTUALLY I got to a point where I could just eyeball it and get near-perfect results consistently.

lyonsacc

Been there, done that . . .

I keep a stash of 2 1/2 inch blanks near my drill press (I think I cut them from some old scrap 2x4's). Whenever I have to make an adjustment to my drill press I drill one of these scraps to make sure things are still straight and true.

This is definitely the life of a segmenter..... Wait until you blow up a blank that took a few hours to make. I have blown up blanks that had 8 full cuts in them and then 8 glue ups. That hurts I can tell you that. It looks like you were way off center with the drill? I always mark center and then turn between centers then put the turned piece into the lathe chuck and drill. This way you are always on the center.

Last edited:
Top Bottom