New Segments from NM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

I had an idea yesterday during work for some different segmenting. I hurried home to give it a go. I did it quickly on a scrap piece of walnut thinking in it would just be a test blank but today I came home and tried to complete it with the tube in. I mated it with some old cedar burl. I kinda like how it turned out.

C&C welcomed.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 300
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Nice job of segmenting Kelly !! If you are going to put that much effort into a pen of that size, I would lose the center band, widen the pen, and add a few segmented rings in the top barrel near the junction point. The center band realy restricts the shape of the pen. Jim S

Krash

Nice job of segmenting Kelly !! If you are going to put that much effort into a pen of that size, I would lose the center band, widen the pen, and add a few segmented rings in the top barrel near the junction point. The center band realy restricts the shape of the pen. Jim S

I agree Jim. I will lose the center band for the next one and get creative!

Krash

Thanks guys. I'll give it another go with a bit more precision and on a larger kit so it displays better. But, I am sure there are some ladies out there that would like a slimline with some flare so I will probably still make some of those also.

BTW, I also just finished a bandsaw sled ala Mike so it should be easier next time. I made it from an old cutting board. I still need to either buy or make a V block to go with it.

Top Bottom