My Segmented Pen Contest Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Parrott

I especially appreciate this win...to me it's validation. I started turning about 6 yrs ago thinking I wouldn't do much but wanted a challenge. The biggest challenge in this craft is the fact that I have vision in only my left eye. Depth perception is a bear.... Try closing one eye while turning some time!
Thank you for your votes.

2731f665f3ea573aed9f9bb9de299ce7.jpg

4dec9e4461ab4be72b0187e54b149734.jpg

c94ef8ae395809b25f62b483c4092409.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Dale:

For sure that pen has a lot of WOW!!!!!!

Your design was out standing and keeping the alignment made it happen.

My pen was in the middle of the pack which I was happy with, so being you raised the bar I better get on with it for the next go around.

Great work Dale.

Cheers

Charlie

Attachments

• 8x10 (1).jpg
    8x10 (1).jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

jttheclockman

Your work has come along way and you are now pushing the boundaries for us all. Hope to someday achieve half your talents. Thanks for showing the other sides of the pen too. great job and congrats on the win.

magpens

A beautiful pen, Dale ... Congratulations !!!

Beautifully executed ... design ... construction ... finishing !!!! Very well done !!

JessePens

Thank you for showing the side, I was also curious how that looked.
Excellent work, and well deserved win!
My segmented blank fell apart at the 11th hour, so I quickly made another at the last minute that obviously was no competition to the 3 winners.

I am impressed with how perfectly everything fit together. That can be difficult with those tiny squares.

Sly Dog

Dale that is a great-looking segmented pen and a deserving winner. The pattern must have been time-consuming and you balanced it perfectly, which I'm learning is not an easy task, and overcame great challenges to get such an awesome result.

I made it to final round but not the top 3. I'll probably post it in a while to get feedback, but I was ecstatic just to get that far. Congratulations!
Russ

Top Bottom