My latest Segmented Series

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Wow...you must use a laser to cut your segments.Beautiful? Would you mind sharing with us what you use to cut your segments?

Jayman72

Wow...you must use a laser to cut your segments.Beautiful? Would you mind sharing with us what you use to cut your segments?

Tony,

Thanks for the compliment.

No laser just some very accurate tools.

And a lot of patience.

I use the following to get my segments cut...

Dewalt 10inch Table saw. (the rack and pinon guide is nothing short of fantastic.)
Incra MITER1000
and a spacing jig that lets me make repeatable thin cuts. (Don't know what its called as its actually my neighbors.)

Thanks
Jay
Tampa, FL

TonyL

Thank you Jay. I have the Dewalt, and the jigs...I just need the patience and your artistic ability (well, I at least I can shoot for the "patience" :) ).

Beautiful work!

dthayer

Dewalt 10inch Table saw. (the rack and pinon guide is nothing short of fantastic.)
Incra MITER1000
and a spacing jig that lets me make repeatable thin cuts. (Don't know what its called as its actually my neighbors.)

Can you give any details on the spacing jig? I'm a bit unsure as to what it is (I've done some searches that have just left me more confused! :confused: ).

Thanks much!

Hawkdave

Incra MITER1000

Can you give any details on the spacing jig? I'm a bit unsure as to what it is (I've done some searches that have just left me more confused! :confused: ).

Thanks much!

Hi Dirk...Did you get any replies to your query?

I am also interested in knowing more about the spacing jig. If someone can tell us who the manufacturer it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Dave.

Jayman72

Incra MITER1000

Thanks much!

Hi Dirk...Did you get any replies to your query?

I am also interested in knowing more about the spacing jig. If someone can tell us who the manufacturer it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Dave.

This is what I use.

Thin Rip Tablesaw Jig - Rockler Woodworking Tools

My neighbor made one.

Jay

TurtleTom

You can make one of the very cheaply with a toilet bowl bolt that will slide into your groove. Just add a piece of wood.
My table saw fence isn't good enough to use one of these, that's why I use the dial indicator.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You can make one of the very cheaply with a toilet bowl bolt that will slide into your groove. Just add a piece of wood.
My table saw fence isn't good enough to use one of these, that's why I use the dial indicator.

I had to laugh at your comment Tom... And as I thought... Shoot - he's exactly right! I'm no plumber or carpenter, but I have reseated quite a few toilet bowls!

But I use a band saw with good accuracy. This all would be fine with a table saw also.

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg