My first very simple segment. I need to yank it apart and realign the nibs flute

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vmsherp

b58cb020ecfaeb2ab1697b8c040c9e1b.jpg

c0b996f5efa5bbcf4402aeb1f6f504c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
G'Day Sean.

From the pickies, It is not apparent if you used premade blanks or if you made the laminated blank.

I will say that the first picture looks very nice. I see no issues to be concerned of.

In the second picture (slightly more blurry), there may be a slight (very slight) misalignment evidenced with the white line, but I actually believe this is negligable.

I understand the practice of penturners being "overly critical" of our work; but in this case, I love the finished pen, and believe I would be very proud of it!

Be well.

DJBPenmaker

Do you mean so that the flats on the kit align? That would be a nice touch. I like the blank and kit combination. Well done.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vmsherp

Thanks for the kind words. It's one of those spectraply or colorply type blanks. I just stuck it on my compound miter saw and made the cuts. Then glued and clamped.

I'm building a sled now for my tablesaw to give better accuracy of cuts.

Yes, I was talking about realigning the flats on the PSI Vertex kit. They don't talk about that in the instructions. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Silverado

I have not found a way to disassemble this Vertex without damaging the click mech.

Top Bottom