A Joe Schneider Blank - #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This was the 5'th Zen that was a set for my wife to "bribe"/encourage/entice... her Patent law debt to "fast track" one of her patents. Alas, "wifey" took the first 4 in this AM... Not hopeful to get them back for pics... :)

I take NO credit for the segmenting : Joe Schneider (Wood128) has his own posts on IAP! I suggest folks pay attention... This was scary to look at, easy to turn. If I can turn it... Pretty Cool!

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks Cody.

These blanks are awfully pretty. I almost hate to turn them, but they are beautiful. When I said folks should pay attention... I meant they may need to beat me to them when new ones appear! My wife just texted me that her attorneys were mighty impressed! :)

wood128

Great job Mark !! That blank was made with small cutoff scraps .....no design pattern. WOW !!! If lawyers are happy ........sell them 100 :laugh::laugh::bulgy-eyes: Jon David please post a picture of your pen. I am sure you did a super job:rolleyes::bulgy-eyes:
Take care and thanks again.

Joe

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That blank was made with small cutoff scraps .....no design pattern. WOW !!! If lawyers are happy ........sell them 100 :laugh::laugh::bulgy-eyes:
Take care and thanks again.

Joe

Hi Joe: The blank was a perfect match for the Zen Blank. I'll suggest you consider more in that size! And, as the cut-offs/lack of a "matched" design eliminated the issue of if the turning/drilling was slightly "out of round" if wouldn't be noticeable. I'll have to quiz Nancy tonight if she actually gave it away with the others or if it's "stashed." (But she REALLY wants some patents filed).

I really liked how it turned out.

BTY... Sanded with abranet to 600. 7 coats of Dr Woodshop Pens Plus. I did not do anything to try to keep the blank together when drilling; just slow, letting the drill bit cool down to hand touch, removing chips every 1/4". Use Norseman drills.

Top Bottom