How well do these work together.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I'm going to be making a segmented blanks with Navy Color's to use with a chrome rollerball or fountain pen. The blanks would look like the blank on the pen in the first photo and the blanks I'm thinking about using are in the second. The gold will be in the center and the blue on each end. I'm going to use the gold but I would like feed back on how well you folk on if I should use the blue blank in the photo or get a solid blue blank. Thank advance for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks; not a bad idea Wayne I'll have to give that some thought. Dennis I was thinking about using gold at first but I not sure on how well all the gold would work together. It may be really good I think I'll turn the blanks and then see what plating looks the best or maybe make one of each like Wayne suggested with one gold and one sliver. :)

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Dennis I guess I'll have to make a trip to Woodcraft to get a solid blue blank and may be another gold blank in case I want to make a blank with blue in the center and gold at the ends.:biggrin:

Edward Cypher

I think since the gold is not solid the blue blank you have will look good with it. Just my opinion. Good luck in whatever you decide because really in the end it is what satisfies you. Go Navy!!!

Krash

The blue is a bit busy for my taste for the center area. I would vote for a solid blue with the gold shown or a more solid gold with the blue for the tips. Two busy blanks together distract my eye IMO.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I just took some measurement of the blue blank and it not long enough to use so that only means one thing... I have no choose but to go to Woodcraft and get a few more blanks. I also think I should turn the blue blank round so I can get a better glue up. I may wait until the MAPG to see it I can find some blanks there that will work.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
John; I'll check to see what Ed had but I think I'll wait until we go to the M APG to see who else may have what I'm looking for and I also want to wait to get some between center bushing while I'm there.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Bill; It not a matter of the blanks complementing one another. The blue and gold are Navy Color's and that what I looking for.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Joe; I just can't bring my self to use blank and gold, In a way I am using red and gold......after all they are part of the Navy.:biggrin: Mike; I'm not sure how well it is going to work I have extrs tubes for the kit I'm using just in case. John; I've been thing about doing something like that, but I was thinking of sliver. Black and gold I'd be made to walk the plank or something like that.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I like the blue blank you got. Kind of looks like the ocean. Don't know how much will show after turning though (I'm a poet and I didn't know it)..

Mike; Here is what the blue blank looks liked turned.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Harry what I'm trying to do is have the two primary Navy colors of Blue and Gold. Other service have their own colors but the Blue and Gold ate the very best.

Top Bottom